Sig Sauer MPX light/laser combo....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I put this thread here because it has more to do with fitting the light to the pistol.

I am looking for a good light/laser combo with a pressure pad option to mount on my MPX. It has an 8" barrel and the Midwest Ind. mlok rail on it.

I currently have a Streamlight TLR2 but damn, that thing is bulky.

I appreciate any constructive answers in advance!

I have looked at the Sightmark but, the adj knobs stick out too far and are too easily hit/changed. That, and Sightmark....on a Sig.....

I also looked at Holosun's offerings but, there don't seem to be any for sale according to their website.

Definitely don't want to spend $400+ on a light laser by going with a DBAL etc.....

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Have you looked at a viridian? Those are pretty compact. I had one on my scorpion sbr for a minute and it was pretty fitting.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I have two of the sightmark LoPro Combos and they work great for the money. The knobs don't really get in the way at all IMO.

Firefield makes one called the "CHARGE" that is supposed to be designed for use on the AR platform... it is like the LoPro but without the knobs. https://www.opticsplanet.com/firefield-charge-ar-laser-sight-180-lumen-flashlight-combo.html

More expensive ($300 range) - Viridian makes the X5L Combo and it has a pressure switch. https://www.opticsplanet.com/viridi...-sight-w-universal-mount-led-light-55786.html

I have a TLR2 on my Scorpion EVO with the pressure switch which also works very well. Its mounted on the bottom rail though... not sure if you kept your hand-stop on the MPX.

Steer clear of the NCStar Vism... they are well made, but the laser will shut off with the recoil of an 5.56 round... I haven't tested it on a 9mm.

That being said, I opted out of a laser on my MPX and just went with a light... I have a Surefire M300 with pressure switch that is amazing. If you could adjust the beam, it would work like a laser!!!

I hope it helps!

Last edited:

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Thnx all for the help.

I have two Viridian x5L's and like them a lot. One is on my fnx45t, the other is sitting on the shelf. I called viridian to see if I could change the x5l into a long gun kit but, they said no.

Also, the tlr2 I have is throwing a split beam, I guess that will going back to streamlight for repair....great more time....more money...

I do like the LoPro combos, especially the ones with the guarded adj knobs.

I have never been a huge fan, not really a fan at all of lasers on weapons. I have found too many people are looking for the laser instead of watching the target but, for some reason, the MPX is SCREAMING at me to put a laser on it.

Let's face it, this is a long barreled 9mm pistol and 50 yard shots to me are going to be the max I will ever shoot with this gun. I am "building" it more for home defense (knowing that it isn't going to replace my g19) or maybe even work purposes. I really don't see shots greater that 25 yards at most in all reality.

Damn first world problems......

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Thnx all for the help.

I have two Viridian x5L's and like them a lot. One is on my fnx45t, the other is sitting on the shelf. I called viridian to see if I could change the x5l into a long gun kit but, they said no.

Also, the tlr2 I have is throwing a split beam, I guess that will going back to streamlight for repair....great more time....more money...

I do like the LoPro combos, especially the ones with the guarded adj knobs.

I have never been a huge fan, not really a fan at all of lasers on weapons. I have found too many people are looking for the laser instead of watching the target but, for some reason, the MPX is SCREAMING at me to put a laser on it.

Let's face it, this is a long barreled 9mm pistol and 50 yard shots to me are going to be the max I will ever shoot with this gun. I am "building" it more for home defense (knowing that it isn't going to replace my g19) or maybe even work purposes. I really don't see shots greater that 25 yards at most in all reality.

Damn first world problems......

Yeah you would need the Viridian X5L-RS... Leave it to Viridian to not make it possible to change out the back of the light and add the pressure switch like Streamlight does. Then again, I wouldnt' want that anyway because if the switch ever breaks, you can toss the whole thing!

If you'd consider the Viridian, I would go with the TLR2 and just buy the rear battery cover with the pressure switch. I have to say that the way Streamlight mounted the laser did make it a tad bit bukly... even for a pistol.

If it helps, I have two AK variants... MPAP m85 and the m92... both with LoPro Combos on them... never had an issue holding zero with 7.62 recoil, they are well made, the knobs don't really bother me because I usually mount it on the top rail to spit the front sight.

I couldn't do that on my MPX because I have a set of XS Big Dot 45 degree sights on my MPX. Aside from that I have the Surefire m300a with pressure switch, an Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic, BCM Pistol Grip, SBTactical MPX PSB Brace and the thread adapter for my suppressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom