Sig Sp2022

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a massive erection for metal Sigs. I haven't shot a polymer Sig yet, but the ones I've handled just didn't do it for me. There was something about it that just felt and looked a tad cheap in comparison to glocks, m&ps and XDs. Have you laid hands on one yet? It could just be a personal thing.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    SiG has been body snatched by **** mangement. Everytime you see a SiG product that intrigues you remind yourself of this fact.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I do agree with everyone's opinion but I have shot one and a friend of mine owns it. But it doesn't shoot bad either. Especially if you can get it under 450. I believe summit has one for around 415. It's fairly accurate and has adjustable back straps also. Wouldn't be my personal polymer but that's just me.

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    I have one and it shoots like a SIG (in other words good). On the other hand, it has the same dimentions as a P229 and is only 1 ounce lighter than the all metal compact. The price is appealing, but if price is not a factor in getting one then steer toward the standard (metal) SIGs or (personal preference) an M&P if you have to have polymer.

Last edited:

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    If I remember right, they have an out of battery safety. If I also remember right, it is an optional thing like the manual safety and some of teh other undesirable things i found out I could ask not to have on teh pistol.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I have shot a 2022 in 40cal that belongs to my friend. It shot well, not my favorite, but I cannot complain about the function and accuracy of it. I like the way the M&Ps feel, but as a personal preference I dont like the triggers on them.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If I remember right, they have an out of battery safety. If I also remember right, it is an optional thing like the manual safety and some of teh other undesirable things i found out I could ask not to have on teh pistol.

This. There is an optional "mag safety" or whatever you call it, just like the thumb safety.

I've been in shops where the thumb safeties were more common than the vanilla models, but never seen a single "mag safety" equipped M&P. I'm 99% sure they still make them, though-- they are definitely out there somewhere.

You can tell pistols so equipped by simply looking at the slide-- it's printed there.

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Yep. S&W clearly designed teh M&P for m&p. Some place require mag safeties and/or manual safeties while others don't. Also seen where some have the key thing to disable the fire control and others that don't. Personally, i want enough safeties where the gun won't fire when dropped (which pretty much is taken up by the phase of trigger safeties and the long been around firing pin safety) and not so much that they get in the way when I need to shoot it.

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    One thing I have to add is if you get a 2022, spring for the Sprinco spring guide and spring replacement. I've added those things to all of my pistols (all two of them...) and they make a marked difference in the feel of the SIG (I imagine due to the high bore axis). It also eases my mind about the polymer frame (as they slow the slide down so as to not impact the frame so hard, even though they have metal inserts that take the primary impact of recoil).

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I have the sig 2022 in 9mm and it is the most acurate handgun I own. I can hit tighter with it then my 1911. The width of the grip is not for everyone but I LOVE it. The night sights it came with are really good. I can rapid fire in head of target at 15 feet and have all shots center face. This gun shocked me with it's acuracy. The trigger get REALLY nice somewhere between 250 and 500 rounds. My only gripe is the mag prices. I found them on gunbroker from a Joes pawn shop for around 25 dollars a piece but everywhere else seemed to be around 40-50... very expensive. I've fired over 1500 rounds and haven't had a malfuntion yet. This will be the gun I trust my life with.

Top Bottom