Significant others and guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I'm glad I don't have to worry about this, if I can ever find a woman that can cook and doesn't complain what I spend money on as long as it doesn't come out of savings or put us in a bind I might finally consider the idea of a girlfriend/wife. Until then I'll stay single and have the extra money to eat out lol.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm glad I don't have to worry about this, if I can ever find a woman that can cook and doesn't complain what I spend money on as long as it doesn't come out of savings or put us in a bind I might finally consider the idea of a girlfriend/wife. Until then I'll stay single and have the extra money to eat out lol.

They're called dogs.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    if I can ever find a woman that can cook and doesn't complain what I spend money on as long as it doesn't come out of savings or put us in a bind I might finally consider the idea of a girlfriend/wife. Until then I'll stay single and have the extra money to eat out lol.

Careful its a trap, that's how they get you. Sometimes it changes

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    I usually have to buy two at a time, my wife gets upset if she does not get one too. I am pretty sure she has spent more on ammo than i have over the years we've been married.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    I usually have to buy two at a time, my wife gets upset if she does not get one too. I am pretty sure she has spent more on ammo than i have over the years we've been married.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I envy you, but I will say my wife is good about it

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Mine used to ask why I "needed" another. After awhile she finally realized that was a waste of time to ask. She finally broke down this Christmas and bought me a g26. So I got her heading in the right direction now. I also put a 1022 together and she pretty much claimed that rifle and wanted me to change the stock to a purple one instead of blue. That was my sign to build another so I picked one up at the pawn shop and was gonna surprise her with it once the barrel and purple evolution stock came in but she found it. She actually wasn't mad but now the stock and barrel are in back order and I can't get her to leave me alone about when her gun will be finished. She has been asking if I have enough reloading components and if I have enough 22 bullets. So now I have her on a mission to pick me up a box of bullets every trip to Wally world lol

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Mine used to ask why I "needed" another. After awhile she finally realized that was a waste of time to ask. She finally broke down this Christmas and bought me a g26. So I got her heading in the right direction now. I also put a 1022 together and she pretty much claimed that rifle and wanted me to change the stock to a purple one instead of blue. That was my sign to build another so I picked one up at the pawn shop and was gonna surprise her with it once the barrel and purple evolution stock came in but she found it. She actually wasn't mad but now the stock and barrel are in back order and I can't get her to leave me alone about when her gun will be finished. She has been asking if I have enough reloading components and if I have enough 22 bullets. So now I have her on a mission to pick me up a box of bullets every trip to Wally world lol

Can you please introduce her to my wife so she may train her?? :hi5:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is really not a bad deal for the wife.

Some guys drink too much, cheat with loose ladies, or even can be closet gays. Some over-charge on secret credit cards.

Buying a gun or several is no big deal compared to some folks' behavior.

My wife of 30 years LIKES Glocks but won't carry her really nice S&W Scandium J-frame B-D present.

Small stuff; really small, compared to some wives' misery.

leV

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    We have a saying on the mid-range rifle firing line. "A true buddy makes sure that when you die your wife sells your guns for what they're worth, not what you told her you paid for them."

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    She made me get a notarized affidavit that the last one I bought will be the last one, I kind of slipped last "new" gun in there.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    mine usually talks me into to buying them if its something ive been talking about and its a good deal. Its how i ended up with an ar upper, the last big case of ammo i bought, and a few knives lol. I cant complain at all. As long as bills are paid, ridiculous gun/knife and truck parts are good to go.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Careful its a trap, that's how they get you. Sometimes it changes

This^ is true!

I had to draw the line in the sand once or twice, a long time ago. It was not pretty! It was over hunting almost every day! I had to remind her that I was not the one that changed the rules in the middle of the game. When we first dated, I would take her out on a Friday or Saturday or both, and often take off straight for the woods from the bedroom. When hunting was over, it was something else we did every night and weekend.

You guys that are thinking about marrying or shacking up, need to set your terms for the relationship and be prepared to walk if she turns on you!

The good news is if you procreate and can keep it together long enough to enlist your kids into your hobby, they are a great cover for all of the expenditures that come with this stuff. ;)

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The good news is if you procreate and can keep it together long enough to enlist your kids into your hobby, they are a great cover for all of the expenditures that come with this stuff. ;)
    This^^^ I've got four. Each of my kids have laid claim to everything that I have when I die. So I can't get rid of anything because they all belong to the "kids". Oh, and that also goes for the ones that haven't been purchased yet. Ha Ha Ha.

Top Bottom