Silencerco Easy Trust $129.99

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I started to go down the Silencerso Easy Trust road but decided after some research to stay away from it.

When I deployed a couple of years ago I had to have legal documents notorized. I purchased documents of the internet and when I took them to the notary they would not process them because they were not Louisiana specific. they knew right away what was missing. So I had to pay for the correct documents. I would suggest to pay the professional to get the language correct the first time.

Now I am in search of legal services on the NorthShore for NRA Gun Trust.

Contact Kenney Bossetta @meplatgroup llc. Hes in metry, and a member on here also.

meplatgroup.com/

NIGHTRODDER07

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Zachary La.
    If you're squealing over $100 bills, maybe NFA isnt for you.

first of all I really like this forum and i don't wanna **** anyone off but with that said, a few threads over some are squealing over 30 cents a round vs 60 cents a round.
    And may I ask whats the difference between si-co's 130$ piece of paper and JC's 300$ piece of paper? Not trying to be a smart ass I mean is there research involved, background check, address or id verification for holder or trustee or beneficiary verification? If it comes under scrutiny in court will you be there for me and how much will that cost? Or is it a template on your secratary's computer where she just plugs in the names and addresses you give her we all sign it and go our merry way? I'm all about doing things right the first timebut I also don't want to pay anyone over double what someone else wants soley cause he says his is better! Again I tried to word this post best I could and I appoligize JC if I offended you. It was not my intention to but that I have been wanting to do this (trust) thing and could afford more can if I saved 180$ and then lose it all and more because of legal language.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    first of all I really like this forum and i don't wanna **** anyone off but with that said, a few threads over some are squealing over 30 cents a round vs 60 cents a round.
    And may I ask whats the difference between si-co's 130$ piece of paper and JC's 300$ piece of paper? Not trying to be a smart ass I mean is there research involved, background check, address or id verification for holder or trustee or beneficiary verification? If it comes under scrutiny in court will you be there for me and how much will that cost? Or is it a template on your secratary's computer where she just plugs in the names and addresses you give her we all sign it and go our merry way? I'm all about doing things right the first timebut I also don't want to pay anyone over double what someone else wants soley cause he says his is better! Again I tried to word this post best I could and I appoligize JC if I offended you. It was not my intention to but that I have been wanting to do this (trust) thing and could afford more can if I saved 180$ and then lose it all and more because of legal language.

I'll let the attorneys handle the big questions, but the first thing that jumps out at me is that a generic form is not Louisiana specific. To me that's worth $180 more.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans

not for nothing, I know Kenny will cut you a deal on the trust cost if you are buying a can or nfa item when he sets up your trust.

At that point, the difference in cost between him and s-co is less that you'll spend at Cane's for a friend chicken lunch. for the peace of mind that a trust document that has been cultivated over years and which is louisiana specific is worth it. It was to me at least. YMMV.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in my work!

Relax! I am absolutely not offended in any way by your questions. In fact, by asking them, you are illuminating one of many advantages of hiring a Louisiana attorney to work on your gun trust!

Each of my clients has access to me via my personal cell phone and e-mail address (see signature below). Check around- I am very easy to get in touch with. If at any point one of my clients has a question or concern about their trust, they can contact me day, night, weekends, whenever. I think that I’ve already touched on a number of the topics you mentioned, but I’ll attempt to answer each of your questions individually:

1) a few threads over some are squealing over 30 cents a round vs 60 cents a round.

If this is in reference to my comments in the *Academy Panic Buy* thread, I will be happy to address them in that thread. That said, inflating prices for the same item based on supply and demand is completely different than charging more for personal attention and professional services rendered.

2) Not trying to be a smart ass I mean is there research involved, background check, address or id verification for holder or trustee or beneficiary verification?

Aside from three years of law school, two state bar exams, an internship with the district attorney, two judicial clerkships, and years of private practice, I have done massive amounts of research in an effort to familiarize myself with the National Firearms Act and the Louisiana Trust Code. The knowledge I have gleaned is memorialized in the trust documents that I prepare for my clients. I do not verify addresses, or perform background checks, as the client will certify that the information that they have provided is true and that they are eligible to possess NFA regulated items. I do verify the identity of the signers, in the event that I am notarizing the documents for my clients - a service that I provide at no charge.

3) If it comes under scrutiny in court will you be there for me and how much will that cost?

I will certainly be available to testify on your behalf, but if the validity of the document is called into question, I will likely be unable to represent you, as I may be called as witness in the case. I carry malpractice insurance and am held to strict standards of professional conduct, lest I lose my license to practice. Each case would be unique, so I’m not sure how to answer the question of cost. I stand behind my work and am prepared to defend such in court. To date, none of my clients have reported issues with their trusts.

4) Or is it a template on your secratary's computer where she just plugs in the names and addresses you give her we all sign it and go our merry way?

I work with three paralegals and none of them have anything to do with the process of drafting NFA gun trusts. My clients deal exclusively with me and no one else. I will personally draft your trust and take into consideration any special circumstances that you may have. Once it is drafted, I normally set up an appointment for you to meet with me (at a time conducive to your schedule) and I walk you through the document with you.

I have no idea who drafted the *Silencerco Trust* or any other form trust that you may find online. I have no idea what the drafter’s qualifications are, what type of research they have done, whether they practice law in Louisiana, what their intentions are, whether they will appear on your behalf, or anything else.

I do know that boilerplate legal forms are overturned in state and federal court regularly, and that the penalties for illegal possession of NFA firearms carries fines and a 10 year prison sentence. I also know that if you have any questions or concerns, you may reach me anytime at 225-252-3375.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks again!
    Joey

Last edited:

Papercutninja

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    I think I'll just go with the guy in Utah that drafted Silenceco's trust. I'm going to use the $3.50 in savings to go buy 6 rounds of soon to be banned .223. :rofl:

Jimmyb33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2015
    Lake Charles, LA
    I'm a believer in doing it right the first time. I ask JC questions last week by email, which he answered quickly. He emailed me the questionnaire and I mailed it to him Thursday along with a $300 check. Ill let y'all know how it all works out. I'm ready to get it done, already bought my first can from The Silencer Shop, just have to email them the trust info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom