Skeet/trap competitions for beginners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Hey everybody new member here. I duck hunt and bird hunt but I love shooting skeet with my dad and my buddys and was wondering if there were any competitions anyone knew about that I wouldn't go to and be "thrown to the wolves" with guys that do this every day pretty much just looking to have a good time and try my skills against some other people any info is greatly appreciated C.J.

sent from my EVO using tapatalk

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    What area of the state are you in?

If in and around the Thibodaux area, Southern Shooting Center shoots every Tuesday and Thursday night at 6PM, rain or shine, as they have and enclosed shooting house with AC and big screen TV.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I guess I should have added I live in westwego lol I talked to southern gun club and it is real cheap to shoot there and easy for me since I work 28-14. Just looking for some friendly competiton and some good people to shoot with

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Get in touch with this guy! Get on his mailing list. You will see more competitions and training programs you care to.

Boldt, David M. dboldt@accenter.lsu.edu

Hitman was supposed to post some of those announcemnets on here for me/him. :ohreally:

He (Hitman), likes to shoot skeet too; you might try to PM him. He may just not be posting the announcements cause he doesn't want any competition at them. :mamoru:

Last edited:

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    South Louisiana Gun Club

There is a trap or skeet club in Avondale, next town over from Westwego, called South Louisiana Gun Club. This club is on river road, near the shipyard. Google shows 5 fields for both trap and skeet. I don't know anything about the club or who to contact, but I have seen people shoot there and you can see the high house from river road. Here is a website with contact info: http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/757

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Get in touch with this guy! Get on his mailing list. You will see more competitions and training programs you care to.

Hitman was supposed to post some of those announcemnets on here for me/him. :ohreally:

He (Hitman), likes to shoot skeet too; you might try to PM him. He may just not be posting the announcements cause he doesn't want any competition at them. :mamoru:

Tried the email and it got kicked back is he a member on here I could pm him

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

When he adds his name, he'll(Like you mentioned) see more than he cares to as well!! lol

Top Bottom