SKS vs AK your opinion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    AK all day. The SKS is nice and I own a few but the ak is just about the perfect battlefield weapon therefore its good enough for me. The Yugo aks are some of the nicest also.

The sks generally is more accurate but its still AK if im grabbing one spur of the moment.

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I agree so far with what has been said. The ak's are a lot more versatile, with parts more readily available ( in general terms these days ). And not to forget, the AK's come in a ton more COOL variations :flamed:

Keith2

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Covington - Northshore
    The AK is more of a tactical weapon that is designed to fire under extream conditions with quick magazine changes. (The slack in it's action makes it function in very harsh environments without missing a beat.) The SKS is very reliable too but has a little tighter action offering more accuracy due to bolt design. (Just my $.02 from my "Saltwater Series iPod touch")

LouisianaAKman

B.O.W. #318
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    West Monroe,LA
    an SKS for accuracy and an AK for defense/SHTF scenario. As said above, The SKS is more accurate, but also heavier and less forgiving in really nasty conditions. Mags are cheaper for the AK as well. Plus if keeping the SKS original, you don't have the high cap option. SKS's don't have the uber cool drum clip available either.

crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    I gotta go with the AK, just the name alone scares ordinary folks. Gotta believe those #'s too, over 100 million AK's worldwide with more kills than any other firearm.

They also make AK watches, knives, vodka. Still lookin for that SKS vodka.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'd have to say the AK. The Russians thought so, too... The SKS is a tough-as-nails, reliable, very fun gun, and I have a couple. But the Russian military has only used them for their Honor Guards for some time now. The AK blew it's doors off, plain & simple. The AK platform is the world-standard of battle rifles since WW2, whether we'd like to admit it or not. These things have fought in every corner of the globe, and have always worked. When was the last time we heard about a mass number of troops- from any army- griping about the AK's "poor reliability"?

Top Bottom