Slide Fire SSAR...Bump Fire Assist. Must Have

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    So did Akins. They got the approval letter before selling their stock and included a copy with each one sold. Then the ATF changed their minds and declared it a machinegun. Akins had to turn over their customer records and the ATF sent everyone who had bought one a letter threatening criminal charges if they didn't return certain parts needed for it to operate to the ATF.

The Akins Accelerator was basically the same thing, just for a Ruger 10/22.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    So did Akins. They got the approval letter before selling their stock and included a copy with each one sold. Then the ATF changed their minds and declared it a machinegun. Akins had to turn over their customer records and the ATF sent everyone who had bought one a letter threatening criminal charges if they didn't return certain parts needed for it to operate to the ATF.

ah yes i remember that. Although the receiver and barrel completely free floated and allowed it to operate "auto/rapid fire" with only a pull of the trigger. This still requires the user to interact with it. Maybe that is the difference? Still no guarantee that you wouldn't be pissing away $319

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I believe the akins had a spring in it that the action mounted into, or against. This seems to use your foward hand to provide the pressure against it. This one just seems to slide while you provide the spring action.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    ah yes i remember that. Although the receiver and barrel completely free floated and allowed it to operate "auto/rapid fire" with only a pull of the trigger. This still requires the user to interact with it. Maybe that is the difference? Still no guarantee that you wouldn't be pissing away $319

You beat me.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I can't think of a better way to spend a lot of money, on something that will cost you a lot of money, and not hit anything!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Man i watched all the videos on their youtube channel. im drooling over this. You could get this setup for around $1k were the cheapest mac's are around $3k. And still have a much better platform. Although its still not a real auto it looks fun :)

theHelix

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    New Orleans

In the letter from the ATF it says there are no springs or mechanical parts, and requires the shooter to pull forward with the non shooting hand and back with the shooting hand to operate.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sold my AR, but might just have to buy one of these and slowly build the next. Hope they are still available in a couple weeks when I get paid again. Damn $900 camera I just bought! :wtc:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The ATF defines a machine gun roughly as w firearm that can discharge more than one round by a single manual operation of the trigger.

TITLE 26 > Subtitle E > CHAPTER 53 > Subchapter B > PART I > § 5845
    § 5845. Definitions

(b) Machinegun
    The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

This device is clearly not a machinegun, nor is it a part intended to make a non-machinegun into a machinegun. The law would have to be pretty radically changed to make the device illegal, but I suppose they could try to do it.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm all about exercising your freedom to buy things (legal things)...and yea, this thing sure looks cool, but man... it just screams "BAD IDEA" to me! lol. Cop not understanding that it's not "really full-auto", BATF changing their mind, etc.

Plus it's kinda a waste of ammo... and I'm a big believer in training-how-you-fight...that includes keeping my guns up to snuff... I don't think this thing is gonna cut it!

Aaron

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I'm all about exercising your freedom to buy things (legal things)...and yea, this thing sure looks cool, but man... it just screams "BAD IDEA" to me! lol. Cop not understanding that it's not "really full-auto", BATF changing their mind, etc.

Plus it's kinda a waste of ammo... and I'm a big believer in training-how-you-fight...that includes keeping my guns up to snuff... I don't think this thing is gonna cut it!

Aaron

Well......most guys dont get full autos because of the price of the gun itself. You can splurge on ammo now and then to have a little extra fun. I think its pretty neat. Im sure it takes a little practice to work it like in the video but it could be lots of fun.

Top Bottom