Slow Classifieds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just wondering if anyone knows why the classifieds have been so slow lately. I used to be able to find almost anything on here for a fair price, but less and less people are posting.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Maybe 3 of the top 20 buyers/sellers/traders on BS are still actively trading here. Many of the newer sellers want more for their used firearms than a new one cost.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I list a few things on here, but I list the majority of it on Gunbroker and AR15.com. The items sell a lot quicker for more $

dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea I have seen several guns listed well over retail or what I can buy it for new online which defeats the purpose of buying a used gun. Guess I'm going back to gun broker.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The market **** the bed and is trying to rebound from sandy hook, people who paid too much realize they did and realize they won't get their money back by selling now.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Items are for sale not on sale. I too sold a pistol recently off the board for a fair price. On here just some low ball offers and nothing I'm interested in for trade.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I think it is 2 things one prices are at what you can get a new one on most/some things
    I can get it cheaper on Gun Broker! But do like that a FTF would be better since ya get to see what ya getting in person so would pay Reasonably more.

And add in the fact that most do not have disposable cash to spend
    I can see the sellers point as they may not want to get rid of stuff that they may have paid good for at a loss.
    But I can get it cheaper new or on gunbroker
    I started to list some 22lr bulk awhile back to help pay some doctor bills at the crazy price but changed my mind.
    I did not want to rid of any and figured it had to be worth my while, and i needed $ so if they wanted to pay crazy let them LOL

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    My current ad has received some truly pitiful offers. I understand everyone is looking for a good deal, but offering $250 for a item listed at $350 just shows poor form.

JR1572

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    People often look on national gun auction sites to determine their firearm's worth. However they then try to sell it on a local forum which might not reflect those same values. For example French military arms of the 19th century are worth far more when sold on a national level rather than a local level. If there are ten serious collectors in the nation they'll drive the price up on gunbroker. But if those collectors are not checking local forums they won't drive the price up there.

So if people are not offering what you think your precious firearm is worth you should totally make them the unrealistic a'holes rather than moderate your prices.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So if people are not offering what you think your precious firearm is worth you should totally make them the unrealistic a'holes rather than moderate your prices.

Dave

Is that directed towards me? If so, next time quote me.

JR1572

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Is that directed towards me? If so, next time quote me.

JR1572

Stand the line, allow no indiscretions, defend your honor sir. Shall we duel at dawn with swords or pistols? :)

Actually it was a general comment directed at no one but rather what I perceive the average local poster to be but it's fascinating that you were immediately offended.

Everyone always thinks their stuff is worth a lot more than it actually is and then finds places that validates those inflated prices.

Dave

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Other than being able to inspect a gun 1st, I don't see it being that different. There are overpriced guns on the internet, at the gun shows, and on the BS forums. There are also some very good deals on all three.

I was pleasntly surprised with my last mail order, a VZ-2008 from AIM Surplus, but I prefer buying locally, knowing what the internet and Shotgun News specials are.

Actually should have included the local gun shops also.

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    When sellers put OBO or Make Offer along with their price I see it as they want to sell that item and will take less.
    I have bought a few guns in my time and will make an offer after I see this for a reasonable amount that might start negotiations. I have made offers for a considerable amout less and been able to buy the guy.
    I have bought new and I have bought used. If you have a used gun and I make an offer that you don't accept that's not a problem. Shouldn't list it as 'make offer' if the seller isn't willing to take less than asking price.
    Pretty simple

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Stand the line, allow no indiscretions, defend your honor sir. Shall we duel at dawn with swords or pistols? :)

Actually it was a general comment directed at no one but rather what I perceive the average local poster to be but it's fascinating that you were immediately offended.

Everyone always thinks their stuff is worth a lot more than it actually is and then finds places that validates those inflated prices.

Dave

Looks like we will be taking another ride down condescending street. Just as I expected. Dave, you and I have done this before, and that's the reason for my comment.

I'm not offended either. It's expected out of you.

JR1572

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom