Small game at Bodcau?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    Im looking forward to a little small game hunting this weekend with a newly acquired .22. Does anyone have any experience hunting at Bodcau? Im mainly looking to hunt hare but Im not sure if Ill even see any? If anyone could throw in their two cents id appreciate it.

Last edited:

mmccal8

:|
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Shreveport
    I duck hunt there.
    There's plenty of room to spread out. I would head down Duck Dam road from the main road and take a left at the split and head up into those hills off that road no the north. A fourwheeler would definitely help to get farther back away from people.
    I would recommend using google earth to scout a bit and you can find a pdf map on the wildlife and fisheries page.

idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    I went today with a couple of other people. We saw a couple of squirrels on the way to where that yellow gate is past the church. Walked in for a a couple of hours. We passed the creek for a good bit too. We saw nothing but birds. On the way back we had a rabbit run out onto the road near the church then disappear again. No luck at all.

idamaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    I went today with a couple of other people. We saw a couple of squirrels on the way to where that yellow gate is past the church. Walked in for a a couple of hours. We passed the creek for a good bit, too. We saw nothing but birds. On the way back we had a rabbit run out onto the road near the church then disappear again. No luck at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom