Small game in Tangi/St. Tammany WMAs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Royst

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Slidell
    My neighbor is a WF agent here in St Tammany. He told me that the squirrel population in Honey Island has not yet recouped from Isaac yet. I would love to find a spot to take my granddaughter this year. If you hear of anything please let me know.

dglough

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    I am fairly new to hunting and have scouted and hunted Lake Ramsey with a .17HMR. I have seen a few on the south side of the WMA but haven't shot much of anything. This really is my first season trying to get into hunting though and I haven't had any sort of mentor so take my experience for what its worth.

A WF agent that I spoke to a few weeks back said that hunting pressure is almost non-existent on Lake Ramsey and he was glad to see me out there. Dunno if the lack of hunting is because it is mostly a savannah terrain or because there isn't game. I have seen rabbit, raccoon, deer and what is probably coyote scat everywhere. I doubt it is the latter. I just need to figure out how to hunt. haha.

Refineryop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Holden, LA
    I am fairly new to hunting and have scouted and hunted Lake Ramsey with a .17HMR. I have seen a few on the south side of the WMA but haven't shot much of anything. This really is my first season trying to get into hunting though and I haven't had any sort of mentor so take my experience for what its worth.

A WF agent that I spoke to a few weeks back said that hunting pressure is almost non-existent on Lake Ramsey and he was glad to see me out there. Dunno if the lack of hunting is because it is mostly a savannah terrain or because there isn't game. I have seen rabbit, raccoon, deer and what is probably coyote scat everywhere. I doubt it is the latter. I just need to figure out how to hunt. haha.

Glad to hear you've decided to start hunting. I've been hunting and fishing for about 17 of my 25 years, but it has all been on leased land. Thanks for the info; I'll have to go scout it out soon. Correct me if I'm wrong but all you need to hunt a WMA is the "WMA tag" (for lack of a better term) in addition to your hunting license?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom