Smallest Gun Comfortable Carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Idk about y’all but watching the news from time to time these thugs aren’t carrying pocket pistols or even compact 9mm. You see them getting busted with AR pistols and Drakos more often than not and when they do have a pistol, it’s a full size pistol with an extended magazine. I don’t feel as armed as I’d like traveling to and from work with a full sized 9mm anymore let alone relying on a tiny pistol from my pocket. Other than just sheer convenience I don’t see any reason not to carry a full sized handgun daily.

“In truck” is different summer carry.

Edit- I’m assuming“ traveling “ meant driving.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    “In truck” is different summer carry.

Edit- I’m assuming“ traveling “ meant driving.
    Yes but I was speaking in terms of what I leave my house with daily which is a Glock 17 with one spare oem magazine. I don’t carry anything larger or “better” than that because I can’t conceal it and I can’t secure it to my liking while it would be sitting in the work parking lot in my vehicle. I don’t have a “truck gun” or vehicle gun. I’m not a fan of leaving a firearm in my vehicle for any amount of time if I don’t have too.

I also factor in ballistics when choosing a carry gun. I’m not a fan of sub 4” barrels for a 9mm handgun. I carry Federal HST and I’m aware they perform fine in just about any barrel length in any caliber but I feel more confident pushing any 9mm with a 4 inch barrel or greater. Also when looking at the different FBI barrier test Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +p 9mm does exceptionally well. I’ve been thinking about switching to these as my carry round for my daily carry. Federal HST do well in most of the test but not all. The 135gr +p critical duty is the only round i could find that passed every one.

Last edited:

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Yes but I was speaking in terms of what I leave my house with daily which is a Glock 17 with one spare oem magazine. I don’t carry anything larger or “better” than that because I can’t conceal it and I can’t secure it to my liking while it would be sitting in the work parking lot in my vehicle. I don’t have a “truck gun” or vehicle gun. I’m not a fan of leaving a firearm in my vehicle for any amount of time if I don’t have too.

I also factor in ballistics when choosing a carry gun. I’m not a fan of sub 4” barrels for a 9mm handgun. I carry Federal HST and I’m aware they perform fine in just about any barrel length in any caliber but I feel more confident pushing any 9mm with a 4 inch barrel or greater. Also when looking at the different FBI barrier test Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +p 9mm does exceptionally well. I’ve been thinking about switching to these as my carry round for my daily carry. Federal HST do well in most of the test but not all. The 135gr +p critical duty is the only round i could find that passed every one.

Fair points. I like the HST rounds too.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    My smallest was a 25 auto. I had a couple back in the day.

After a co-worker was murdered on the job in the hood, I traded up to an AMT 380.

A few years ago made the move to a Kahr CM9. That would be the smallest thing I may carry.

Now I have a preference to larger pistols. I like my Beretta.

I would be fine with a baby Glock tho. 26 or 43x.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Well dang, this was one of my 3 I had changed my mind on and wanted to keep.

I feel that way about the Hellcat and the P365 they just don’t feel right, but that Kahr and my G43 did.. go figure.

Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    Well dang, this was one of my 3 I had changed my mind on and wanted to keep.

I feel that way about the Hellcat and the P365 they just don’t feel right, but that Kahr and my G43 did.. go figure.
    I'm thinking about going to fits in slidell and renting a 43 to see if I like it.

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    I carry Hellcat Pro compensated with holosun 407 green dot at the 0100 position in a Rounded Concealment Druid kydex holster. Super comfortable because it has a built in wedge. I also swapped the tuckable clip off the first holster i ordered from them with the belt clip that originally came with the Druid holster and it fits like a glove.

Attachments

• Resized_20230823_133039.jpeg
      Resized_20230823_133039.jpeg
      142.7 KB · Views: 50
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2018
    Walker, Louisiana
    I’ve had a North American Arms Black Widow in .22 WMR carried in the same pocket EVERY day for the last 7 1/2+ year...from sun up to sun down. Can easily put a baseball size group on target at 12 yards (makes nice head shots).

Normally, I carry something else along with it...Ruger LCP, Glock 43, Glock 48, Charter Arms Bulldog. However, there are situations where it’s absolutely all I am able to carry. But, I feel it’s capable of getting me out of some binds.

Last edited:

Sapperboomboom

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2017
    Slidell
    I’ve had a North American Arms Black Widow in .22 WMR carried in the same pocket EVERY day for the last 7 1/2+ year...from sun up to sun down. Can easily put a baseball size group on target at 12 yards (makes nice head shots).

Normally, I carry something else along with it...Ruger LCP, Glock 43, Glock 48, Charter Arms Bulldog. However, there are situations where it’s absolutely all I am able to carry. But, I feel it’s capable of getting me out of some binds.
    How do you like the lcp?

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I'm thinking about going to fits in slidell and renting a 43 to see if I like it.
    The Glock 43 was my go to for the longest. I carried this after the Kahr CM9. I added the Pearce +1. Almost no difference in grip length adding the +1. The hook shape helps with the draw and recoil.

once you get a slide longer than the Kahr though, it’s no longer a pocket carry. The slide is now too long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom