Smith and Wesson i-Bolt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone had the opportunity to hold one of these yet? It seems to be just what I want. It's the first rifle ever that is actually MADE by smith and Wesson (there were some that bore the name, but were made elsewhere).

I'm particularly interested in the stainless steel with camo stock model in .30-06

The gun comes with a Thompson Center barrel and an adjustable trigger from Timney Manufacturing, Inc

866010_large.jpg

I guess maybe I should state my intent: I'm looking for a deer rifle. Currently I have a Weatherby Mark V blued/ synthetic in .30-06. It shoots wonderfully. My only gripe is that I don't want to bring it tracking through the woods nor do I care for getting caught in the rain with it. I'd like something that can take the abuse without really hurting it.

The Weatherby took down my first deer ever, it'll likely get a replacement wood stock slapped on it and become a safe queen.

specs:
    SKU: 866010
    Model: i-Bolt
    Caliber: 25-06 Rem.
    Capacity: 4+1 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 23"
    Barrel Twist: 1 in 10" RH
    LOP: 13 5/8"
    DAC: 7/8"
    DAH: 1 1/4"
    Overall Length: 43"
    Material: Carbon Steel
    Finish: Weather Shield™
    Stock: Synthetic Realtree® AP
    Weight: 7 lbs.

so.... I'm looking to go FF one in a store, once I confirm the feel of it I'll be looking for prices, I know it lists for $658. It's not a high dollar rifle, but seems like a nice package put together.

bottom line is between this and a Remington 700.... I like the look of this one and it I don't think I'd ever "trick out" a 700 enough to take advantage of it's aftermarket availability.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    S&W also used to make shotguns. There is a reason why they don't anymore :D

They make damn find hand cannons, but don't be a beta tester on these rifles. Let the reviews come in before you shell out the cash.

Top Bottom