smith and wesson model 19 4" cc

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I posted a thread a lil while ago asking if could carry this gun concealed. Results weren't great, but i wasn't expecting them to be, after all its a rather large gun. At any rate i bought a general purpose tagua holster for it, and i couldnt help but notice how close it put the gun to my side, for fun i threw my shirt over it and it works! This will be a future cc gun for me guys. I would still like to get one of S&W smaller .38spc revovlers too casue well, this revolver can only carry one way, and id like to be able to throw something in my gym shorts pockets.

DSC00273.jpgDSC00274.jpgDSC00275.jpgDSC00276.jpg

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    The shirt would have to be a longer shirt (like the one im wearing), or when i raise my hands up like if i was trying to grab something, the barrel part of the holster sticks out. When both my arms are down, you cant see it there at all. Its not perfect, but i think i could get away with it.

jodum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    For concealed carry of revolvers this size an inside waistband holster works well. Wearing a mod 19 on the outside requires a jacket or extra long shirt to keep the gun from being exposed when bend or reach. I carried a mod 19 for many years as a trooper. I wore a lot of Hawaian type shirts with their long tail o cover my gun.

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Yeah, a regular shirt covers fine, then i have to reach to get something, luckily i own several long shirts. Took that gun out shooting for the first time over the weekend, .357 is a real hoot to shoot.

Top Bottom