Smoothie King Center in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've been to a few concerts there and they had the wands out. Know where the exits are, know where the patrolling officers are and you should be fine, if that keeps your mind off of things.
    Almost all concerts that I have been to, don't allow firearms, or they have metal detectors/wands. Either go or don't go, they will make their money either way.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    http://www.smoothiekingcenter.com/az

Pre- Event Screening

Depending upon the nature of an event or when considered necessary by SMG and Show Management, a visual or full search will be conducted by Smoothie King Center Security on all patrons prior to entering the building. Patrons not willing to comply with search procedures prior to entering the Smoothie King Center may return their tickets immediately to the Box Office for a refund.

Visual Search

A visual search consists of the following: the patron being asked to open any coats and/or purses/bags of any type. Security will visually scan all patrons as they enter the Smoothie King Center for contraband (see Prohibited Items heading for a listing of items). The patron will be asked to dispose of the item(s) prior to entering the Smoothie King Center. Patron may be detained if item(s) discovered is of illegal nature.

Full Search

A full search consists of the following: the patron being asked to open any coat and/or purse/bag and also being physically patted down or screened with a metal detector. If contraband is detected, the patrons will be asked to dispose of such item(s) prior to entering the Smoothie King Center. Patron may be detained if the item(s) discovered is of illegal nature.

They "wand" and search bags before Pelicans' Games.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Prohibited items per their website:
    Animals (with the exception of service dogs)
    Banners (large or in poor taste)
    Containers of any kind
    Contraband
    Glass
    Large/oversized bags. Maximum bag size is 12" x 12"
    Laser pointers
    Noisemakers
    Outside food and drink
    Projectiles
    Weapons
    Sticks, bats, poles, clubs
    Video and audio recording devices
    Backpacks/knapsacks
    Helium balloons
    Glitter
    Stickers
    Fireworks
    Any other item(s) deemed unacceptable by Building Management
    If any prohibited items are revealed during a search, the patron(s) will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item(s) or they can dispose of the item(s). The Smoothie King Center will not store any personal belongings or items of any type.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Pretty sure I got wanded last time I was there. It'll be a great concert though. We saw them two years ago. One suggestion- bring sunglasses! They reeeeeeeally got into the laser lights when we went.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Every time I have gone there has been a bag check for women, but no wand, metal detector or pat-down. At the dome, it's a different story.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I believe it actually depends on who's running the show. I mean, the NBA has different security requirements that are set for their games where the "Monster Jam" may not have such strict guidelines. I can not be 100%, but the security of events as well as the number of security members on hand is more than likely dictated by the amount the event is willing to pay for.

Wanding for one event and nothing for another... Though, all of the events I have attended at the SKC, I have literally never seen them use wands. I have only ever seen this at the dome and not even for all events there... Saints Game... Yes... World of Wheels... No.

The fact that is states "No Weapons", to a true "Concealed Carry Holder" makes no difference. The term "concealed", and I've said this a million times, means keep it concealed! I mean, unless you need it! ;)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    It really sucks for both venues because when I'm going to an event like that I'm walking around shitty parts of New Orleans, typically really late at night just to get to and from parking, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom