Snake infestation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I talked to a local guy who does pest control. He said he’s done this before and more than likely the female has left enough pheromones that the house is probably a breeding ground and will continue to attract snakes from miles around unless it is completely gutted. I think I’m going to pass on this house.
    Sounds like that guy doesn’t like snakes and had a preconceived notion of talking you out of hiring him lol

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Years ago a lady's house was full of snakes, they put a tent around it and sprayed bombed it with some chemical. That seemed to work for her. This was 40 years ago.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Agreed - I would much rather run them off than trap them in the walls to die.

Bobby S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2023
    COVINGTON
    The black snake(s) will leave once there is nothing left to eat, i.e. mice, insects, etc. You might want to consider some rodent/insect control for the dwelling. Not snake control. I had a pretty large pine snake in my attic at one time. Once all the mice were gone it left; never to return again.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    From what I have hear it is hard to get rid of trouser snakes. I had a friend who was into them in a big way. Had to stop talking to him, he was difficult, I just could not keep it up. He did tell me that a big trouser snake will usually run off the small ones, he called it stiff competition. He liked to go hands on, guess he was not worried about getting shot with some venom. I steer clear, for obvious reasons.
    LMMFAO!!!! Oh hell, just stop, I had some pee come out and soiled MY trousers!!!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I talked to a local guy who does pest control. He said he’s done this before and more than likely the female has left enough pheromones that the house is probably a breeding ground and will continue to attract snakes from miles around unless it is completely gutted. I think I’m going to pass on this house.
    So he has a bid in on the house too ?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    LMMFAO!!!! Oh hell, just stop, I had some pee come out and soiled MY trousers!!!
    Just be careful as I have heard that fresh urine will attract trouser snakes, especially if said urine is in or on a currently occupied pair of trousers. This does not apply to all trouser snakes, just the rainbow variety. Consider yourself warned...

snake doctor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    NOLA
    They are probably there for the mice. Get rid of the food and they will move on. Too bad cooler weather is coming. That will slow down their departure. If it's warm they will move on quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom