Snake skin ID

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    you cannot buy them without a venomous snake license, I know that for a fact.
    so how and where do you sell them for $55?
    I see moccasins A LOT. (at the pond on the back of the property) but have never seen a copperhead knock on wood.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Big market for venomous snakes, do some web searches.

the permit from wildlife and fisheries is free.

You can actually get the snake first and you have 30 days to submit your permit

You can order them online and have them shipped overnight by Delta Dash to your airport

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Thats what I was asking. Do people buy poisonous snakes? if so, who? I can catch a crap load......

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/classifieds/detail/26895

http://www.gherp.com/pricelist.php?filterCat=Venomous

I am *almost*… ALMOST… tempted to spend the cheapest amount of money on a snake and really see if they would send me a venomous reptile, no questions asked.

But WTFlyingF would I do if it actually landed on my back doorstep? Do you know what my husband would do if I called him a Wet-My-Pants panic because I had a black and white spitting cobra outside and it was my fault. And not only that, I spent money for it?

I'd have my ass beat.

But the burning curiosity is there.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    alternatively, I wouldn't call him but then I'd have to explain why parts of the back porch is missing because old pine burns very well once you soak it and a package in gasoline.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Check out Faunaclassifieds.com and Kingsnake.com

There are snake shows just like gunshows, maybe we could combine the two!

Oh hell ****ing no.
    The govt is worried about online ammo and firearms sales and not the fact you can buy a damn cobra or adder online for under $200.00 with nothing, just order it..?!?

Yea totally makes sense.
    I saw JV eastern diamondback for $25!! All you need is some numb nut to order a couple and turn em loose. Same thing with the other snakes.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Open offer to (mostly) anyone here. If your in the Baton Rouge area, feel free to come pick your fill of these slithering bastards. Poisonous or not come get em!!!!!!! Haven't seen too many lately, but its obvious that they are still here.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    Big market for venomous snakes, do some web searches.

the permit from wildlife and fisheries is free.

You can actually get the snake first and you have 30 days to submit your permit

You can order them online and have them shipped overnight by Delta Dash to your airport

What is the permit name? I cant seem to locate it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Oh hell ****ing no.
    The govt is worried about online ammo and firearms sales and not the fact you can buy a damn cobra or adder online for under $200.00 with nothing, just order it..?!?

Yea totally makes sense.
    I saw JV eastern diamondback for $25!! All you need is some numb nut to order a couple and turn em loose. Same thing with the other snakes.

If that's the next method, no worries about breaking any private property law by carrying a handgun into a movie theatre. I'll travel with a bottle of hairspray, and a cigarette lighter. Wiggling backpacks are subject to becoming a little warm for the wearer.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    http://www.venomousreptiles.org/classifieds/detail/26895

http://www.gherp.com/pricelist.php?filterCat=Venomous

I am *almost*… ALMOST… tempted to spend the cheapest amount of money on a snake and really see if they would send me a venomous reptile, no questions asked.

But WTFlyingF would I do if it actually landed on my back doorstep? Do you know what my husband would do if I called him a Wet-My-Pants panic because I had a black and white spitting cobra outside and it was my fault. And not only that, I spent money for it?

I'd have my ass beat.

But the burning curiosity is there.

Black Mamba Dendroaspis polylepis $450 :eek3:
    *These fearsome snakes can strike up to 12 times in a row. A single bite is capable of killing anywhere from 10-25 adults. The venom is a fast acting neurotoxin.
    *Without antivenin, the mortality rate is nearly 100%, among the highest of all venomous snakes. Depending on the nature of the bite, death can result at any time between 15 minutes and 3 hours.
    I can't imagine anyone actually paying to put one of these anywhere near themselves.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Wait, you mean I can have a venomous snake shipped to someone I don't like for only $25?
    Lets see, prepaid credit card and cell and sweet revenge for under $100!
    But I guess it would only be fun if you could watch them open the package?
    Hell, I think a non poisonous one would do the trick 99% of the time!

I have heard that lsu buys snakes for research for a decent price?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Black Mamba Dendroaspis polylepis $450 :eek3:
    *These fearsome snakes can strike up to 12 times in a row. A single bite is capable of killing anywhere from 10-25 adults. The venom is a fast acting neurotoxin.
    *Without antivenin, the mortality rate is nearly 100%, among the highest of all venomous snakes. Depending on the nature of the bite, death can result at any time between 15 minutes and 3 hours.
    I can't imagine anyone actually paying to put one of these anywhere near themselves.

As I said, it would be a wet-my-pants panic because it actually arrived.

My damn dumb luck, the box would be damaged in transport and I'd come around the front side of the house with gasoline and a match, there would be a hole in the box looking back at me.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    So I have killed a new superduty over my lifetime in theory?
    And before anyone that has my address gets any bright ideas, let me check with my insurance to see if there is a "burning the damn place to the ground because some wiseass had a snake shipped to me" clause!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Wait, you mean I can have a venomous snake shipped to someone I don't like for only $25?
    Lets see, prepaid credit card and cell and sweet revenge for under $100!
    But I guess it would only be fun if you could watch them open the package?
    Hell, I think a non poisonous one would do the trick 99% of the time!

I have heard that lsu buys snakes for research for a decent price?

Honestly, I've sat here an hour and thought about it.

Prepaid credit card would be traced to purchase. Even if you paid by cash, they possibly could trace it back to the store and the time. Wal-mart has video cameras.

Same with the cell phone. Even if the sales contact had **** poor records and didn't cooperate, the police department would gain a warrant to search the records.

packages, even if they are sent anonymous, are marked. So beginning and ending, place and time would be entered. From there it wouldn't be difficult to locate the snake dealer.

Internet would be just as nearly impossible. You'd be traced. Might take a little while. But most every day dumbasses would get caught.

still thinking. But every scenario I come up with, a person would be busted.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Couple of other issues,
    "Minimum Order is 2 Snakes
    Paypal Accepted

Shipping is Air Cargo Only
    Boxes Labelled "Live Venomous Reptiles""

So you'd not only have to buy 2 of them but the box is labeled....probably pretty clearly (hopefully!).

Top Bottom