SNOOKIE?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Okay, here's the scoop on what this is about. The mayor reduced a ticket from DWI for someone he knew. The sheriff was arrested because it was sitting on his desk (after the mayor reduced it). The ticket reduction was reported to the FBI by one of the Springfield cops whose brother-in-law (I think) is with the FBI.

Judges, DA's, sheriff's, etc. reduce tickets every day - don't know why this one is being made such a big deal about, unless it's because it was a DWI or else there is more to it than I've been told. Or because the FBI is involved. ?????

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    The FBI is not involved, it is the State Inspector Generals office. You are right, tickets are reduced every day, cases not prosecuted, etc however something tells me that a third party is involved, maybe state police, or it was done improperly.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Okay, here's the scoop on what this is about. The mayor reduced a ticket from DWI for someone he knew. The sheriff was arrested because it was sitting on his desk (after the mayor reduced it). The ticket reduction was reported to the FBI by one of the Springfield cops whose brother-in-law (I think) is with the FBI.

Judges, DA's, sheriff's, etc. reduce tickets every day - don't know why this one is being made such a big deal about, unless it's because it was a DWI or else there is more to it than I've been told. Or because the FBI is involved. ?????

That doesn't even look close to what was reported. Read below, I would be pissed too if I was the LEO out doing my job to get drunks off the road and they pulled this. No telling what the drunk woman told the LEO that night, something like "you don't know who I am" :rolleyes:

The charges stemmed from an April 10 arrest of a woman on DWI charges that was subsequently subverted by the officials, Inspector General Stephen B. Street said. Patrolman Bryan Weaver, the arresting officer filed the complaint, which his office investigated, Street added.

According the warrant, Tyra Jones of Hammond was booked into the Livingston Parish Prison on April 10 after she was stopped for going the wrong way on La. 22 and measured a .185 blood alcohol level, more than twice the legal limit.

"A friend of the mayor asked for this girl to be helped and what they did they can't do," Street said.

The warrant alleges that the records in Springfield were doctored to alter the charges from DWI to reckless operation and move the case from the 21st Judicial District to Springfield Mayor's Court where they could be taken care of.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    PM Skiney, he would know.

image003.jpg

Top Bottom