So I got the itch and bought a new rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've been looking around for something new to add to my tiny, but growing, collection....

Last time I went out to the range I was shooting my new to me .30-06 verifying the scope and rifle's accuracy.

When I was done with that I pulled out the old trusty Marlin model 75 .22. Well old trusty failed me, this is the second time it had issues with failing to feed, failing to eject etc. I thought maybe it just needed a real thorough cleaning. Stripped it down and cleaned it well and it still seems to hang up some so it's time for retirement.

Well I went on a hunt today, I wanted something that I could have for a long time, I eventually settled on a Winchester Wildcat .22. It has a real nice wood stock, bolt action and removable magazine fed. For now I have a cheapie scope sitting on it, need to go sight this thing in and have fun punching holes in paper on a budget :)

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    You might want to try replacing the springs (mag and recoil) on the marlin if cleaning it didn't work.
    that's what I suspect, for the time being I don't feel like messing with it, I needed an excuse to buy a "pretty" gun, I wanted the bolt action .22... so one day when I have nothing better to do I'll probably take it apart and replace them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom