So I splurged and bought a Colt LE6940

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    Well on a recent trip I ran across a NIB Colt LE6940. I normally just get my buddy to build my ARs from the ground up but I wanted to have one AR15 that was a Colt. It sports a monolithic upper receiver and flip up sights. I have not hit the range yet and with my work week coming up in the lab, I may at the earliest be able to see what it can do next week. The rifle came with a sling, 2 Colt 20rd mags and some handguard rail covers and I had added a Knight's Armament vfg to it. One thing odd to me was while this was a NIB LE6940 it did not come with the Matech buis but had a Daniel Defense buis. No complaints on that one.
    Pardon my less than optimal camera skills.

1000203t.jpg

1000199l.jpg

I am a bit curious as to what this free floated rifle can do with some decent ammo so hopefully I get a good chance to find out soon.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I too just bought one, it has the Matech sight. I think someone swapped out the Matech for the DD sight.
    I wish Colt would have put holes for the QD sling swivels on both ends of the rail instead of just the front. I did a quick sight in at 50 yards and have to go back and verify at 200 meters. I am going to put an Aimpoint Pro on it.

Kino74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    Walker
    I too just bought one, it has the Matech sight. I think someone swapped out the Matech for the DD sight.
    I wish Colt would have put holes for the QD sling swivels on both ends of the rail instead of just the front. I did a quick sight in at 50 yards and have to go back and verify at 200 meters. I am going to put an Aimpoint Pro on it.

I have no idea on what optic I'll get for this one but I'm leaning towards eotechs. Seems like a nice rifle and it sure is nice to get a couple more 20rd mags.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom