So... Im Fat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    So while I was working out yesterday, i kept thinking about joining a gym. Anytime fitness is maybe 2 miles away from me, does anyone workout there? There is Lifestyle fitness maybe 5 miles from me, they have a pool but i really cant see myself swimming infront of people right now, I am just getting up to start working out infront of people. I figure anytime I could go when there is less people there so i would feel more comfortable. I keep weird hours anyway so exercising at 4 in the morning would not be a problem for me. I am deff going to start slow with lifting, so i can be careful not to hurt my back worse than it alredy is.

Think its a good idea to join a gym? Its not going to go to waist, if im gonna spend that much money on a membership im going to use it. the GF really wanted to try p90x, is all this just too much too fast? I still really like working out on the elliptical, but i am finding it harder and harder to get my heart rate up, after an hour I am just starting to get a good sweat going. I dont want to be on it for hours and hours just so I can get a good workout.

I think changing things up would be good for me. my body is getting use to the same thing over and over.

So what y'all think? Is joing a gym a good idea? Anyone use anytime fitness, if so what do you think of it? Im I moving too fast? Should I just spend my money on free weights and p90x and stick to working out at home?

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    its my 2 month mark on my Hitman inspired watching what i eat, and log on fitday.com trek. 1st month loss 20lbs, 2nd month 24lbs = 44lbs in 2 months. What started off as I was just going to drink water instead of soda, then reading Hitman's suggestions about food logging, turned into why not try it and see what happens. I'm not missing fast food, fried, or all the other bad stuff i used to eat on a daily basis. Thanks again Hitman and Blackbolts for starting the thread and all other BS.com members that contributed their thoughts.

Last edited:

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Blackboltss, as I recall you mentioned that you were apprehensive of working out in public, so my thought would be to stay in your place and use free weights along with the elliptical or p90x. The one time cost of free weights will be yours forever as opposed to cash in someone else's pocket. Also, what is your heart rate while using the machine? Have you established your fat burning zone and now cannot obtain that rate anymore? Does sweat really equal high heart rate? The Louisiana sun may not get my rate high but I'll certainly sweat. Try a style of "interval" training on the machine that's different from the pre-sets. Do a five minute warm up then blast away for a minute then reduce to a steady pace for 3-5 minutes then blast for a minute, etc. Intervals is great and has been proven time and again.

Congrats on the changes. I just finished P90X and lost 29 pounds, over four inches from my waist, three from my hips, two inches from thigh, and half inch from arms- these two guns ain't for sale OR trade!

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    The P90x will definately get your heart rate up. I just started my 2nd week today. No huge difference yet in appearance of course, but I do feel alot better. I look forward to seeing the results after I've completed a month. Also started watching what I eat. I'm working nights right now until 2am, so i wake up around 9:30, eat a breakfast sandwich consisting of a wheat english muffin, 1 scrambled egg and one turkey sausage patty. I do the P90x from 10-11 and have a protein shake around 11:45-noon. Break time at work is at 6:30 in which I will have a pouch of tuna with some ritz crackers and 1 orange. I'll have a small meal at 9:30pm (our lunch time) and that's it for the day. I've been doing this for almost 2 weeks and have dropped 6 lbs already. Week 1 I was at 302, last week I weighed in at 296. I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. Hopefuly I'll be able to see a lower number this week as well. I stopped drinking diet cokes (except mixed with my whiskey on the weekends) and only drink water or tea. I have a 52oz. bubba keg and I'll fill it up atleast 3 times during the night at work, mainly because its so damn hot. I just hope I can keep it up and not give up like I have in the past. This is probably my 3rd or 4th attempt at doing the P90x. I'd miss one day, then another, then another and before I know it I havent touched it in 2 months. The hardest part is just pushing 'play' on the DVD player. Once you're there, the rest is gravy.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    its my 2 month mark on my Hitman inspired watching what i eat, and log on fitday.com trek. 1st month loss 20lbs, 2nd month 24lbs = 44lbs in 2 months. What started off as I was just going to drink water instead of soda, then reading Hitman's suggestions about food logging, turned into why not try it and see what happens. I'm not missing fast food, fried, or all the other bad stuff i used to eat on a daily basis. Thanks again Hitman and Blackbolts for starting the thread and all other BS.com members that contributed their thoughts.

Outstanding!

Man I had no clue you have been doing that for 2 months now. Isn't it great to finally realize how much pure junk you were really eating? There is really no other way to come to that realization unless you first keep a diet log. The diet log is the root of the fitness regime change.

Glad you’re sticking with it, what's your next goal?

eat a breakfast sandwich consisting of a wheat english muffin, 1 scrambled egg and one turkey sausage patty.
    I do the P90x from 10-11 and have a protein shake around 11:45-noon.
    Break time at work is at 6:30 in which I will have a pouch of tuna with some ritz crackers and 1 orange.
    I'll have a small meal at 9:30pm (our lunch time) and that's it for the day.

I just hope I can keep it up and not give up like I have in the past. .

- Chevy what's your Calorie count in all that? Have you added it up?
    Are you taking a Multi-Vitamin?

This is why it's important to have not only a mental goal but have it phyically written somewhere. Somewhere you can see it daily.

Look being fit today is a WAR! The nation pushes TV Dinners/fast foods stuffed with MSG and Sodium and fast diet fads. All which are unhealthy. They charge more for healthy foods which isn't too bad when you shop smart and stop buying all the other previous junk food you were buying. So think of it this way! It's not EASY! or everyone could do it. Your going against the grain and that takes guts, integrity and initiative. Traits that not a lot of people have these days.

So do whatever it takes to stay motivated and keep your eyes on the prize.

Hell, no shame here, long ago my brother got a 3 foot poster of Daniel Craig in a beach pose and hung it up where he worked out. It ain't homo man, dude's married with kids :p however Daniel Craig has a fit body and there's nothing wrong with saying, that's my goal!!! and I'll be here until I reach it.

It’s simply an inspirational poster. Lots of Gyms have these up all over the place. It’s to remind you why you're here and to show you what you have to look forward to.

Here's the poster; Nothing Super Special just a fit guy.

5q19i44e04zd1yiyokvy.jpg

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Dont know the calorie count. Lol, I hope it's not high as I don't know if i could eat less without starving. And no, not currently taking a multi-vitamin. It may be a good idea to add one to my daily routine.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    just downloaded an app on my iphone called myfitnesspal and its pretty cool. You put in a start weight, goal weight, timeline, and workout schedule. They tell you how many cals to consume per day to reach your goal. They have a fitness tracker that lets you put in a type of food.... like this morning i put in egg and it brought up 50 diff style of eggs, Boiled,fried,scrambled, benidect......ect and it tells you how many cals are in each one. its pretty cool.... you can also do it online at myfitnesspal.com. I can have 1860 cals per day... i put in 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and it subtracted the 140cals from my total so you know how many cals you have left to eat....

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins

I don't know your body build and weight so the 44 lbs might not be detrimental to your muscle composition right now if you're a large person. Just curious if you're going to eventually eat into your own muscle mass if you're not working out to keep them toned. ??

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    Im still in the 300lb range, so right now i don't think that will be a problem, plus i have been allot more active, but my next goal is to start adding bicycling or walking on some days, and swimming while it is still warm and i know people that work out regularly with free weights so i might talk to them about maybe working out with them . . ill have to try to work out some kind of schedule around my work, one week i work 2 days, the next week i work 5, not doing anything i know is just an excuse, so now that i have the eating part down, i need to start on my next phase of adding in exercise.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Im still in the 300lb range, so right now i don't think that will be a problem, plus i have been allot more active, but my next goal is to start adding bicycling or walking on some days, and swimming while it is still warm and i know people that work out regularly with free weights so i might talk to them about maybe working out with them . . ill have to try to work out some kind of schedule around my work, one week i work 2 days, the next week i work 5, not doing anything i know is just an excuse, so now that i have the eating part down, i need to start on my next phase of adding in exercise.

Look through the Fitness Thread. There are some body weight exercise programs that involve moving more than weights but will still thrash you :D

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I went to the Dr. yesterday and I am down 12lbs :) . Not a huge loss but better than nothing.

Little by Little!

Like they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day”

Just remember the more tools you use the quicker and better the results can be.

Diet + Exercise + Weight Training can all make things happen faster.

However NO NEED to get any faster just throwing that out there.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Keep up the good work blackbolt! Drinking a gallon of water a day will not hurt you, unless its distilled water. I personally drink a big glass of water every 2-3 hours regardless if Im thirsty or not. In summertime I may drink a bit more. I took some pics today. As of today I am 160# and my Tanita body fat calculator says Im between 10% and 11% body fat. Waist measured at the bellybutton is 29.5" with a shirt on. What works for me is eating smaller meals every 3-4 hours, drinking plenty of water, and eating the right kinds of foods such as tuna, baked chicken breast, turkey, whole grains, skim milk, yogurt, lean ground meat, bananas, drinking V8 every day. I work out 5 days a week and run 5K on Wednesday and Saturday in addition to workout. I also hit the heavy bag and speed bad on Tuesday and Friday. Doing those things and being blessed with a fast metabolism helps me to stay in shape.

-Scott

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    ^^ me 2. I am shooting for about 210-215. I am a large frame guy, I would not look right at 160. Have 2 get me some flower shorts tho! :D

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lol those are my boxer shorts. I was just about to take a shower. Im a very small frame guy. Every watch I've ever bought has had to get 2 or 3 links taken out...FROM EACH SIDE.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Little by Little!

Like they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day”

Just remember the more tools you use the quicker and better the results can be.

Diet + Exercise + Weight Training can all make things happen faster.

However NO NEED to get any faster just throwing that out there.

+1
    Agree and add that the speed at which you lose weight isn't the end-all be-all because after all, it should be something of a lifestyle change to eat right and exercise. Congrats blackbolt for the 12 pounds lost. I think it should also be said that while speed of loss doesn't need to increase, it might be nice to try to make goals for yourself to keep you motivated...kinda like a personal challenge to yourself.

Top Bottom