So... Im Fat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    That sucks about Planet Fitness :( Sorry to hear.

I'm starting Crossfit on Tuesday. I already know I'm probably going to die.

Did you start doing crossfit? I started about 6 weeks ago. The first week was a killer...everything was hurting. But once your body gets used to it, it gets ALOT better.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Did you start doing crossfit? I started about 6 weeks ago. The first week was a killer...everything was hurting. But once your body gets used to it, it gets ALOT better.

Yesterday was my first day actually. First of four instructional lessons before you join an actual class. The squats were killer. But I'm the kind of person who loves that 'good' pain haha.

It was incredibly difficult to get out of bed and walk the dog this morning. The gym I go to is filled with positivity and my coach/trainer is awesome.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well just got back from my first group training... I really enjoyed it! Hurting all over but its worth it. I like having instruction.... even tho I was the only guy besides the massive......massive trainer. It was kinda odd at first being the only guy but that quickly went out the door after I got into the workout. Did not have time to worry about being the only guy because he was kicking my ass. If anyone in Slidell wants to join me they have some really good rates going right now. Just let me know and i'll let my girl at gym-matrix know

I'll start taking pictures of myself today and then every month and post as I go.

if I can keep up with it.....fingers crossed :)

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Well just got back from my first group training... I really enjoyed it! Hurting all over but its worth it. I like having instruction.... even tho I was the only guy besides the massive......massive trainer. It was kinda odd at first being the only guy but that quickly went out the door after I got into the workout. Did not have time to worry about being the only guy because he was kicking my ass. If anyone in Slidell wants to join me they have some really good rates going right now. Just let me know and i'll let my girl at gym-matrix know

I'll start taking pictures of myself today and then every month and post as I go.

if I can keep up with it.....fingers crossed :)

Good luck on your journey man. I need to take a few pictures of myself as well so I can track progess. Excited to see where I'll be 6 months from now.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Good luck on your journey man. I need to take a few pictures of myself as well so I can track progess. Excited to see where I'll be 6 months from now.

Thanks brother....
    We go to destin every other year with my brothers, sisters and all their kids (23ish total people), I am determined to be in shape by then. I need to get healthy

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That sucks about Planet Fitness :( Sorry to hear.

I'm starting Crossfit on Tuesday. I already know I'm probably going to die.

Which box?

Yesterday was my first day actually. First of four instructional lessons before you join an actual class. The squats were killer. But I'm the kind of person who loves that 'good' pain haha.

It was incredibly difficult to get out of bed and walk the dog this morning. The gym I go to is filled with positivity and my coach/trainer is awesome.

Guess you didn't die...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Yea... but I guess you get what you pay for. Kinda expected it for $20 a month oh well. Good luck with crossfit!

Planet Fitness is a joke. But business-wise, they're geniuses. There is more money in people who want to feel better mentally (by going to a gym and not really doing a whole lot) than a few people who go religiously, are in great shape, but "intimidate" the fat people.

My wife goes to Planet Fitness, but never comes home sweaty... :dunno: I went with her once and it was just.... lame? No free weights other than some dumb bells. No bench press. No squat racks... just those freaking smith machines and a leg press.

Too much emphasis is put on machines that make you "comfortable" while you workout. Their "no grunting" rule is absolute ********. It's like a gym where effort is frowned upon.

Needless to say, you can still get results at a gym like Planet Fitness. My guest trip with my wife where all there was to do was a few machines, a **** ton of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and garbage music like Justin Bieber playing the whole time-- Not to mention the mass of 13 years olds!!! No thanks.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Planet Fitness is a joke. But business-wise, they're geniuses. There is more money in people who want to feel better mentally (by going to a gym and not really doing a whole lot) than a few people who go religiously, are in great shape, but "intimidate" the fat people.

My wife goes to Planet Fitness, but never comes home sweaty... :dunno: I went with her once and it was just.... lame? No free weights other than some dumb bells. No bench press. No squat racks... just those freaking smith machines and a leg press.

Too much emphasis is put on machines that make you "comfortable" while you workout. Their "no grunting" rule is absolute ********. It's like a gym where effort is frowned upon.

Needless to say, you can still get results at a gym like Planet Fitness. My guest trip with my wife where all there was to do was a few machines, a **** ton of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and garbage music like Justin Bieber playing the whole time-- Not to mention the mass of 13 years olds!!! No thanks.

Just canceled my membership to PF and for what it was it was worth it. It's a $10/month gym that gave me access to Treadmillsduring the winter/short day light months and it was easy to get to it during my lunch break from work. I've only canceled because things at work have disrupted my routine.

It's not meant to attract folks who would use free weights. It's part of their "No Intimidation" policy. Let's just call it a beginner's gym.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Just canceled my membership to PF and for what it was it was worth it. It's a $10/month gym that gave me access to Treadmillsduring the winter/short day light months and it was easy to get to it during my lunch break from work. I've only canceled because things at work have disrupted my routine.

It's not meant to attract folks who would use free weights. It's part of their "No Intimidation" policy. Let's just call it a beginner's gym.

I suppose I don't understand why that intimidates others. I've struggled with being overweight at various points during my life (such as now). I'm not intimidated by people in better shape than I am. If anything it motivates me.

Something to be said for convenience, though.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I suppose I don't understand why that intimidates others. I've struggled with being overweight at various points during my life (such as now). I'm not intimidated by people in better shape than I am. If anything it motivates me.

Something to be said for convenience, though.

I agree. Especially if I see a chick deadlift more than me. That will motivate you.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I agree. Especially if I see a chick deadlift more than me. That will motivate you.

Or squat... I watch them carefully just to see how much they're squatting. It takes a while because I count very carefully... Definitely not checking them out... Definitely not.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Wait a second, you can't use free weights at PF? I am sure they would be pissed when I drop a Clean and Jerk or Snatch from above my head. I don't know how you can have effective strength programming without free weights, body weight exorcises are great, but can only go so far.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Wait a second, you can't use free weights at PF? I am sure they would be pissed when I drop a Clean and Jerk or Snatch from above my head. I don't know how you can have effective strength programming without free weights, body weight exorcises are great, but can only go so far.

I think the one in Baton Rouge, on Florida, has free weights but they have this thing called a "Lunk Alarm". Basically an alarm goes off for any one grunting, as part of their "No Intimidation" policy. Search YouTube for Lunk Alarm.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I think the one in Baton Rouge, on Florida, has free weights but they have this thing called a "Lunk Alarm". Basically an alarm goes off for any one grunting, as part of their "No Intimidation" policy. Search YouTube for Lunk Alarm.

God forbid someone would exert themselves when working out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom