So is the @$$ hole... ...here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I took my 8yr old son to Honey Island today for the first time in his life. I parked along my favorite squirrel trail around 6 am. The woods were empty and there were plenty of trails open. As we were getting ready to walk in some ass-hat flys up like he owned the place. I walk up to him and tell him we're going down the trail 200 yards and heading in the woods to the left. He said "I've been hunting there since 1976 and that's where I'm going."

"Ok, but how far down are you going?" "I ask because i don't want want to be on top of each other."

"I'm going in at the curve."

"Wonderul, which curve? There are a few."

"The curve! Have you ever hunted here before?"

"Yes, since 1995. I suppose that does not give me ownership of the trail though. Anyway, we're going down 200 yards and in at the left."

"When I cut in at the curve that means we'll cross paths. I've hunter this trail since 1976."

"Funny, in the last 19 years I don't recall seeing you. Anyway, thanks for telling me where you think the game is. Good luck."

I cut the conversation off at that point because I didn't want to escalate things in front of my son. We ended up letting him go in first. We found his "curve" and went in to the right instead. We proceeded to blast every squirrel we saw. We parallelled the trail all the way back to the road shooting every squirrel we saw.
    For some reason his truck was gone when we got back. I guess I forgot we shouldn't shoot squirrels when we're dealing with an ass-clown that's owned a public trail since 1976.

Last edited:

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks! We did have fun.

Last week I took him to Bogue Chitto. We were the first ones in. When we left there were 4 other vehicles parked for the same trail :o.

We always strike out at Big Branch...

With that being said, if anyone is willing to let me take my son squirrel hunting on private property it would be greatly appreciated ;).

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Had the same thing happen at Camp Livingston this past Saturday. We got into the woods at 4 am, and lo and behold a truck pulls in by my buds vehicle at 5:30am. My BIL had already been in the tree for 1.5hrs so the clown decidrs to shine his headlights and spotlights across the entire woods, turns around, goes down the road 100 yds, turns around again, parks behind his truck and cranks up his stereo blaring with all 4 windows down. Leaves after 10 minutes. My BIL decides to climb down around 9:30 and sends me a message as I'm walking out of my area im hunting, so I drive to go and meet him. We begin scouting the area finding rubs (he's hunted this one spot for the last two years) and find a lock on stand and some gear on the ground like someone just threw it around. Then a morbidly obese redneck walks up with a single shot rifle asking what we were doing and we both said we climbed down and are scouting, but why is he leaving a permanent stand in a national forest? He claimed he sets it up the night before so he doesn't spook the deer. I didn't have a good feelin about him, my spidey sense was tingling. Then I think, my G19 and a couple of mags are on the passenger seat of my truck. As I'm walking back to my truck, I spot his even more morbidly obese friend taking cover behind their pickup truck, rifle in hand. I remain calm, sit down in my truck, motion to my BIL and he makes his way to his truck, stripping down to his boxers and readying his shot gun, while asking them what their f**** problem was, while him and I are both readying ourselves for a firefight, both combat veterans, in line units who have seen action. They both had single shot H&R rifles and would have been seriously outgunned by us. They ended up cursing and leaving, and only once my tires hit the highway did I start feeling safe again. I hate stupid rednecks who think they own public land. I hate them so much. I thought I was going to have to kill someone completely derpified.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm happy it worked out well in both cases guys. I don't understand why people feel so entitled when it comes to hunting on land that isn't theirs. Luckily no one was hurt and everyone walked away safely!

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Ha! This ramrod had a single shot rifle too. True, I was holding a .17 Hummer but I did have a magazine full of those little suckers. I fully expected to have my tires slashed when I got back to the truck. Most of my encounters out there have been fine. This jackass just about ruined it for me...

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Kudos for keeping your cool, and taking your son hunting. When I lost access to private land is when I stopped hunting. Stupid is bad enough, but stupid with a gun, no thanks.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah, do these asshats know what responsibilities come along with gun ownership? It is completely irresponsible to even consider threatening another person with a gun in your hand. If it even escalates the slightest you could risk people getting killed. Not to mention those two obese guys with single shots could probably not have managed anything but an errant shot and would have gotten themselves killed for nothing. And then the incident ends up helping the gun control people. We don't need that.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    It was probably the guy from a few weeks back that came here complaining about the range.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Stopped hunting public land long ago b/ of close calls and figured it just was not worth. Stupid people and guns are a BAD combination!

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    It was primed and ready to go south, really, really fast. They had a small child in the vehicle with them as well. All they are doing is breeding more ignorance.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    this thread is why public land is a no go for me anymore. I deal with stupid too often to welcome any more on the weekends. sometimes its worth it to just write a check.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hunting brings out the best and the worst in people.

Idiots that believe they are entitled to hunt wherever they want are really disappointing. Morons that think it is okay to try to stake out a claim to public owned land are pathetic.

Even though we have a decent trespassing law here, it does not have enough teeth behind it. In Montana, for instance; if you are caught trespassing you are arrested and taken into custody! As for public lands in the above scenario's, I would allow for people to call wildlife and fisheries and file a complaint. When there is a complaint, an agent should respond and do a complete legality check on both parties. Even on their vehicles. Registration, insurance, everything! Why so heavy handed? Because it would send a message to the dumbasses that public lands are public.

Back in the day (80's) they patrolled that Pearl River Management area like it was top secret military facility. And we all knew, you did not go in there if you didn't have all your i's dotted and your t's crossed.

So a potential firefight in a public forest, eh? I would say that is problematic for the future of public hunting unless these entitled attitudes are quelled.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If I ever feel like I'm about to get in a gun fight I'll be sure to strip down to my boxers real quick.
    I guess that's to help you be light on you're feet and to create less wind drag.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    Oh yeah? Stay offa my damn trail.
    And half of dem squirrels was mine. :rofl:

not_sure_if_srs.jpg

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    If I ever feel like I'm about to get in a gun fight I'll be sure to strip down to my boxers real quick.
    I guess that's to help you be light on you're feet and to create less wind drag.

lmao. Yeah dude, what was the deal with that?

I refuse to hunt on public land, which is why I haven't been hunting in years, ever since we sold the deer camp. I just can't deal with the idiots.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's always been a problem. Some a-hole knifed my buddy's tire at Red River, about 3 years ago. Sorry bastards. :mad:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

He was changing into more suitable clothing; kind of a distraction and defuse their hotheadedness to allow him to get his shotgun and ammo lined up, and got some metal in between him and the single shot rifle...

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Was changing into more suitable clothing; kind of a distraction and defuse their hotheadedness to allow him to get his shotgun and ammo lined up, and got some metal in between him and the single shot rifle...

I figured it was something like that. I'm gonna remember that trick.
    1) identify threat
    2) get naked
    3) acquire weapon and ammo

Top Bottom