So it finally happened...flashing lights in the RVM.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Anyway, no real specific point in relating this event, but I just wanted to offer that I have never had an officer be anything but polite to me in a face-to-face encounter, regardless of whether I broke the law or not, and this occasion was no different. Just another guy who does a job doing it right. Props to him!

This never happened.

:p

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I actually think it is to make you guys feel better and quit complaining about cop bashing. They're saying "I med a nice officer today" instead of "I got my rights violated today". Surely after complaining about people hating on cops you aren't going to start complaining about people NOT complaining about cops.

I am not bashing anybody for posting good encounters in response to cop bashing, just wish every time I log on to BS it didnt feel like an anti cop vs pro cop website. Why cannt we quit with the LEO ******** and stick to guns,holsters, etc.

MOTOR51

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Because I can. I carried for the same reason anyone with a CHP carries for. I just did not have a CHP at the time.

I went a lot of places that day, that store being among the least sketchy. But I don't sit in my car and have a debate with myself on if I should carry into Walmart, but not target, into a run down 7-11 at 2am, or into any store like that. If I'm going into a school, or a bank,
    No, I don't carry there. But other than that I forget its even there.

Honestly, after that it wasn't worth not having a CHP, and getting harassed. But everyone has the right to do it. Whether you think I should is your opinion.

I'm not here to start another discussion, just saying that I for one don't think every run in with the cops is bad. Some do their job and are great people, some don't and are ignorant.

Did your charges get nolle prossed? Whatever happened?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    JWG223, you appear extremely loved on this forum. Glutton for punishment?

How old is the Nissan? fuel gauge malfunction?

Bought new in March, 2012, as a 2012 model.
    The people that matter on this forum to me, I get along with great. The rest just want a lightning rod and I don't really mind. I'm flattered that they find me interesting enough.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Running out of gas is a sign of stupid. Doesn't matter what your excuse is. You don't trust gauges. You're responsible for the machine, the machine isn't responsible for itself. I'm only commenting because it was hilarious that you actually came out and said directly that it isn't your fault.

I wonder if you would be of the same opinion if your speedometer had a random malfunction and it got you pulled over? "Officer...the gauge said"...

Or would you say "Yes, I should have used my stopwatch to time the distance between mile-markers and done the math. It's my machine. I'm sorry". Because, that's how they did it in the old days...time/distance.

But, hey, MMQB away :)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Another thing people could do is not post about every aspect of their lives on bayoushooter. Maybe just discuss, I dont know, guns, shooting, hunting, etc. instead of Hey I ran out of gas and a cop pulled up behind me!!! Most useless post ever.

However, you now have multiple replies in the thread. Either you're dumb as a rock and can't figure out that you really don't like this thread, or you really do like the thread and just won't admit it, lol. I mean, why make multiple posts if you don't like it? Now THAT is funny, to me! See, in the old days, we just said "I don't like that" and we changed the channel, so to speak. We didn't watch the whole sit-com and bitch incessantly.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    350z and 370z cars.

Neighbor had a 350. I drove it several times and was never impressed. He complained about it a lot. He had lots of brake related dealer trips.

Driven a 370 a few times, hard. The fuel issue is not a joke. I prefer almost any other modern sports car including the Miata and the BRZ/FRS twins over the Z car.

Heck, I'd take a Genesis coupe over a 370...and I'm not a fan of the Genesis.

If you want a relatively cheap superb handling car, get a used S2000, a new Miata, a BRZ/FRS, or maybe even an RX8 (they have issues too).

If you want great power and decent handling, without a lot of issues, get a Mustang.

If you want great power and excellent handling, get a Vette,

if you have 100k to spare, get a higher end Vette, an M3, a Viper, or a GTR.

In the 30-40k range there's not a lot besides the 370 and Mustang there. I'd rather spend 5-15k less for the base Mustang GT Coupe/used S2000/BRZ/FRS/Miata or spend 10k more for the Vette or Boss 302.

I pretty much agree, spot on, having experience with most of the cars you listed. My next car is going to be a BRZ.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I wasn't impressed with the 370z either. My receptionist had one that I drove a few times. I was disappointed at the lack of power.

Really? That's the one thing that DOES impress me. A V6 3.7L engine laying down the same whp and 0-60 times as a C5 corvette with a 5.7L LS1 V8...

I mean, it's not fast, but it is impressive for what it is, to me.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The whole issue could have been avoided if you had been on the assembly line to supervise your vehicle's manufacture, like you did for the Vette.

Actually, I failed. The 'vette was delivered with a cracked fender and it had to be repaired. Kick myself over that one. I even remember the fender-install chic.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I am not bashing anybody for posting good encounters in response to cop bashing, just wish every time I log on to BS it didnt feel like an anti cop vs pro cop website. Why cannt we quit with the LEO ******** and stick to guns,holsters, etc.

MOTOR51

Some peoples world is smaller than others and they just don't have the ability to think outside of their comfort zone. :doh:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I actually think it is to make you guys feel better and quit complaining about cop bashing. They're saying "I med a nice officer today" instead of "I got my rights violated today". Surely after complaining about people hating on cops you aren't going to start complaining about people NOT complaining about cops.
    No, he just can't be made happy. I should have criticized the officer for trusting me enough to shake my hand on the side of the road before even requesting my ID, then gone into a discussion about how unless he had more experience with hand to hand than me, I could have disarmed him, maybe, and gone on and on about policy, procedure, and how police are a menace even when they are nice, and...

...bash the cop. They like and expect it and when they don't get it they nut up a little, lol!

Seriously, I think it's sad. It's why I'm leaving LA. People here want to find the **** in everything. They have such dismal lives that they have to attack anything and everything they can to elevate their mood...just a touch...just a minute. It's all about dick measuring here, and it's sad. I post about the most neutral thing that can be posted, to prove a point. What do people do? They pick out something that they all do at some point (run the car with 1/4 tank in it) and they make a **** storm over it. It's sad, and it makes me sad for them. I have literally never encountered this attitude anywhere else in the US I have lived or visited.

That was the point of the post. To see how many people could MMQB something, and what it would turn into. Well, it turned into a bash-fest over something ridiculous (What idiot operates a brand new car with less than 1/4 tank of fuel? Use the trip-set like it's a 1980's model. Blah blah blah).

I'm not butthurt or angry about it, but I am both dissapointed that people are this unhappy, and vindicated in my decision to remove myself from an area with this attitude. I don't know how you people do it. Pity and vindication. It's like when I saw my X gf had gained 100# when I saw her the other day.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom