So it finally happened...flashing lights in the RVM.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    3 threads. 3 days. All gone to ****.
    Lovely.

Either we need applications that are approved to members here or realize there are all kinda people that make up the world. We can't change them over the web no matter how dumb they are.
    This is just a general statement. We all want the ******** to go away. The rules are not tight enough around here to cut all that horse **** out.

This is one of the only gun forums I have been on in my time. However, I just recently joined over at M4carbine.com
    They don't put up with the stuff that goes on here. I like both sites equally. Mainly because I have met friends on here and it is LOCAL! They still have arguments there, but when people disagree that do just that. Agree to disagree and that's it.

I here stories all the time about people learning so much from here and that the older guys around on here have left. So instead of treating the forum like a playground at recess where you can wine to the kid that took your pencil 20 minutes before in class under the monkey bars.

We can all get along guys. Most of us carry a gun, lets act like the mature crowd we are suppose to be.

(Again just a general statement about the forum, no ONE take it personal.)

MikeM

ThatGuyMikeM
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hammond, LA
    Kids? Luggage? BRZ has a good sized trunk, IMO

Idk. People think I shouldn't open carry, even though I don't anymore anyway. I think putting my daughter In the trunk is taking it too far.

Lol. Seriously though, that backseat in that thing is terrible for passengers. Plus I like the retro look of the challenger.

MikeM

ThatGuyMikeM
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hammond, LA
    Lovely.

Either we need applications that are approved to members here or realize there are all kinda people that make up the world. We can't change them over the web no matter how dumb they are.
    This is just a general statement. We all want the ******** to go away. The rules are not tight enough around here to cut all that horse **** out.

This is one of the only gun forums I have been on in my time. However, I just recently joined over at M4carbine.com
    They don't put up with the stuff that goes on here. I like both sites equally. Mainly because I have met friends on here and it is LOCAL! They still have arguments there, but when people disagree that do just that. Agree to disagree and that's it.

I here stories all the time about people learning so much from here and that the older guys around on here have left. So instead of treating the forum like a playground at recess where you can wine to the kid that took your pencil 20 minutes before in class under the monkey bars.

We can all get along guys. Most of us carry a gun, lets act like the mature crowd we are suppose to be.

+1

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    You ran out of gas?! You didn't even get pulled over! Worst cop story ever.

Hell, I was so getting set up for you saying that when the car stalled, you nailed it.
    It picked up fuel, then you ever so graciously "Drifted" through the rest of the onramp all while a cop was sitting in the corner running radar !

Come on, you still could have made your point, all while getting us gearheads excited !

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Lovely.

I'm pretty sure the board is all new administration and moderators. Give them some time to straighten it out.

Or I could host a class on
    TFE
    Tactical Forum Etiquette... Get some certifications for the people pulling the strings around here.

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'm pretty sure the board is all new administration and moderators. Give them some time to straighten it out.

Or I could host a class on
    TFE
    Tactical Forum Etiquette... Get some certifications for the people pulling the strings around here.

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Oh no doubt they do a good job. I never said they don't do their job. Just compared the overall tone of the forum to m4c. It's more so the bickering amongst members and most of them here ALREADY have a problem with authority so it's much worse.

That said, I could use a new certificate.
    I have more wall space to fill. Pictures are over rated.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    No, he just can't be made happy. I should have criticized the officer for trusting me enough to shake my hand on the side of the road before even requesting my ID, then gone into a discussion about how unless he had more experience with hand to hand than me, I could have disarmed him, maybe, and gone on and on about policy, procedure, and how police are a menace even when they are nice, and...

...bash the cop. They like and expect it and when they don't get it they nut up a little, lol!

Seriously, I think it's sad. It's why I'm leaving LA. People here want to find the **** in everything. They have such dismal lives that they have to attack anything and everything they can to elevate their mood...just a touch...just a minute. It's all about dick measuring here, and it's sad. I post about the most neutral thing that can be posted, to prove a point. What do people do? They pick out something that they all do at some point (run the car with 1/4 tank in it) and they make a **** storm over it. It's sad, and it makes me sad for them. I have literally never encountered this attitude anywhere else in the US I have lived or visited.

That was the point of the post. To see how many people could MMQB something, and what it would turn into. Well, it turned into a bash-fest over something ridiculous (What idiot operates a brand new car with less than 1/4 tank of fuel? Use the trip-set like it's a 1980's model. Blah blah blah).

I'm not butthurt or angry about it, but I am both dissapointed that people are this unhappy, and vindicated in my decision to remove myself from an area with this attitude. I don't know how you people do it. Pity and vindication. It's like when I saw my X gf had gained 100# when I saw her the other day.

People make fun of you for several reasons:

1) You whine. No really, you whine a lot.

2) You brag about all your cool stuff. Really, you're not the only person here with some cool stuff.

3) Lately, you post crap that should be on Facebook. We don't care about your ex whatever gaining 100lbs, your car running out of gas, etc.

4) When your gear breaks or isn't perfect, you have a meltdown.

5) Your reviews are silly. Rusted nails, magazine reviews about magazines and not a round was fired though the reviewed magazines.

Listen, we're not jealous. We don't have pitiful lives either.

Keep blaming everyone else. It's ok. Sooner or later you will realize who and what the common denominator is in all your struggles...

It's you and your holier than thou attitude.

When you leave, your problems will follow you.

Good luck JWG. I hope everything works out for you.

JR1572

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    1. Good of him to stop & see if you needed assistance.

2. Next time, don't trust your lying-ass fuel gauge.

3. I don't care about all the extra "drammer" included in this thread.

didntreaddog_zps26be7a51.gif

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I am not bashing anybody for posting good encounters in response to cop bashing, just wish every time I log on to BS it didnt feel like an anti cop vs pro cop website. Why cannt we quit with the LEO ******** and stick to guns,holsters, etc.

MOTOR51

Amazingly enough, I would say that LEO contributes more than half of the source of problem there. People usually find what they are looking for and lately some of the officers have been looking for problems.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Idk. People think I shouldn't open carry, even though I don't anymore anyway. I think putting my daughter In the trunk is taking it too far.

Lol. Seriously though, that backseat in that thing is terrible for passengers. Plus I like the retro look of the challenger.
    No, I fully agree. It's like a 911 backseat.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    People make fun of you for several reasons:

1) You whine. No really, you whine a lot.

2) You brag about all your cool stuff. Really, you're not the only person here with some cool stuff.

3) Lately, you post crap that should be on Facebook. We don't care about your ex whatever gaining 100lbs, your car running out of gas, etc.

4) When your gear breaks or isn't perfect, you have a meltdown.

5) Your reviews are silly. Rusted nails, magazine reviews about magazines and not a round was fired though the reviewed magazines.

Listen, we're not jealous. We don't have pitiful lives either.

Keep blaming everyone else. It's ok. Sooner or later you will realize who and what the common denominator is in all your struggles...

It's you and your holier than thou attitude.

When you leave, your problems will follow you.

Good luck JWG. I hope everything works out for you.

JR1572

Lol, I never once said I was anything special, and there are people here with all sorts of faster, better, cooler items. I'm sorry you feel that way. Melt down? Whine? You probably have never met me. If I had cool guy budget, I would have a salt spray cabinet, etc. Oh, well,lol. We do what we can, and I've got a lot of time Om my hands to do it with.
    Gear malfunction and lack of warranty backing does get a whine or two from me, but I also learned a thing or two from that.

Also, I was 13 when I left La the first time. I had become socially withdrawn for the most part and was very negative about things in general. Over the course of a year or so living in Texas, I made lots of friends, enjoyed going out, and became more and more pleasant toward the world. I forgot how it was here/thought it would be different when I'm older. So I came back for college. It has not changed. Over a few years, I've gone back to being a negative person, picking at others, thinking the worst, refusing to associate with people I don't already know, etc. So yes, I've find this before, and no, ju problems didn't follow me. I shook off my shitty attitude pretty quick once I got out, and am a bit ashamed of how I have become, but its a mirror of last time. Take it as a whine if you want, just sharing my experience with fitting in and loving positive attitudes vs. Not fitting in and hating local attitudes. Also, the southern part of this state does seem way more friendly and open, so maybe you won't understand what I mean.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom