So it finally happened...flashing lights in the RVM.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It could be the exact same car, just with the name BMW on it and they would probably get 20 more for it too ha
    I agree. It had a very well dialed in suspension and feedback from everything was great. If I get one, though, rims and pss tires are the first things I'm doing. It's fun on Proust tires, but several mags have gotten 1-1.05g out of it with proper tires without unbalancing the dynamics. It's sms amazing platform just begging for 50bhp more, too, although I could be content with stock + exhaust to liven up the sound after I remove the cabin piping system.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Lol, I never once said I was anything special, and there are people here with all sorts of faster, better, cooler items. I'm sorry you feel that way. Melt down? Whine? You probably have never met me. If I had cool guy budget, I would have a salt spray cabinet, etc. Oh, well,lol. We do what we can, and I've got a lot of time Om my hands to do it with.
    Gear malfunction and lack of warranty backing does get a whine or two from me, but I also learned a thing or two from that.

Also, I was 13 when I left La the first time. I had become socially withdrawn for the most part and was very negative about things in general. Over the course of a year or so living in Texas, I made lots of friends, enjoyed going out, and became more and more pleasant toward the world. I forgot how it was here/thought it would be different when I'm older. So I came back for college. It has not changed. Over a few years, I've gone back to being a negative person, picking at others, thinking the worst, refusing to associate with people I don't already know, etc. So yes, I've find this before, and no, ju problems didn't follow me. I shook off my shitty attitude pretty quick once I got out, and am a bit ashamed of how I have become, but its a mirror of last time. Take it as a whine if you want, just sharing my experience with fitting in and loving positive attitudes vs. Not fitting in and hating local attitudes. Also, the southern part of this state does seem way more friendly and open, so maybe you won't understand what I mean.

Wow, all those problems at age 13? I think it's sad you blame your problems on a whole state.

MOTOR51

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Amazingly enough, I would say that LEO contributes more than half of the source of problem there. People usually find what they are looking for and lately some of the officers have been looking for problems.

Ok

MOTOR51

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got problems with the place I live in compared to where I used to live but I attribute that 100% to running in different social circles, and a sedentary job, and living in the 3rd biggest city in the state, in contrast to living 15 minutes from the nearest gas station in the middle of nowhere, before.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I got problems with the place I live in compared to where I used to live but I attribute that 100% to running in different social circles, and a sedentary job, and living in the 3rd biggest city in the state, in contrast to living 15 minutes from the nearest gas station in the middle of nowhere, before.

Same. I mellowed out the week I moved 30 minutes from the nearest wallyworld. I really dig my neighbors now too. I only have four within a mile of where I live, and one is a Vietnam era "Snake Eater".

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Same. I mellowed out the week I moved 30 minutes from the nearest wallyworld. I really dig my neighbors now too. I only have four within a mile of where I live, and one is a Vietnam era "Snake Eater".
    Yea, I go back to stay with my parents, or close by, 2-3 times a year. It's a great change of pace and a great way to 'recharge my batteries' or at least, empty the 'rage tanks' which is probably more accurate, lol. I get back to Laffy and immediately my stress levels start getting back, before I even get back to work. I take it as a sign that I need to sell this house and move further away :P

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Wow, all those problems at age 13? I think it's sad you blame your problems on a whole state.

MOTOR51

I don't blame any problems on the whole state, I simply do not belong in the area I live in. When you don't fit, you don't want to integrate, and others would prefer you didn't. So it tends to result in a lot of time on your hands until you move. Certainly that is the cause of plenty of the nails in the saltwater tests I've done. I'm bored as **** and there is nothing I would rather be doing around here.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Exactly. I work with a bunch of people who I love working with but have very little in common with otherwise.
    All of my friends have gotten out and are scattered across the US.
    None of the new friends I have made have stayed here because they hate it.
    I can't help but have a bit of free time on my hands.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yea, I go back to stay with my parents, or close by, 2-3 times a year. It's a great change of pace and a great way to 'recharge my batteries' or at least, empty the 'rage tanks' which is probably more accurate, lol. I get back to Laffy and immediately my stress levels start getting back, before I even get back to work. I take it as a sign that I need to sell this house and move further away :P

I don't really have a place like that, so I kindof picked the internet, for better or worse. When I move, I will have a place like that like I used to when it's a bad day (night). I will also be around more like-minded people, and around friends I already know, and some I am sure I will make.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't blame any problems on the whole state, I simply do not belong in the area I live in. When you don't fit, you don't want to integrate, and others would prefer you didn't. So it tends to result in a lot of time on your hands until you move. Certainly that is the cause of plenty of the nails in the saltwater tests I've done. I'm bored as **** and there is nothing I would rather be doing around here.

Umm, actually, you did. We can only go by what you say. Do you know what you are saying very often?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Umm, actually, you did. We can only go by what you say. Do you know what you are saying very often?

I don't really have a "problem", I'm just not the happiest with my living situation. I guess that IS my "problem", though. Yes, I do blame it on the area I live in. Not this whole state. I used to think all of LA was a pile, until I trained down in the southern part and saw how different the people down there were. So yes, I used to feel that all of LA sucked, now, I may slip and say something a bit generic, but it's just a hold-over from before and I apologize. I can see how you people who live in the southern half don't understand what I'm talking about 100%. I know not all of LA is like it is where I am. That is what I meant...not ALL of LA sucks.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Lafayette is a good place to be. There's a /great/ variety of people, I find. There are self-proclaimed oilfield trash, redneck coonasses, painters and writers, even a burlesque troupe is getting it's start near here, and there's a great mix of fine arts to modern arts to high tech and culinary enthusiasts as well as sports nuts and all manner of hobbies with a good circle. It's kind of like getting the good parts of NOLA culture without the bad parts of NOLA in addition to the regular south-Louisiana stuff. I've met a good bunch of people around here - I just don't have the free time for much of a social life!

But I know if you're going to move, it's likely not to another part of Louisiana, so it may be moot. I've not heard much good about the Shreveport area except for people who are kind of a loner type that just like to keep to themselves with a good friend or two, and have quiet weekends to themselves. You sound like you'd rather be pretty outgoing and socially active, so I can see how that area might suck. I don't know much about the area though.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I have to say, I'm disappointed in the story. I mean, THIS is what I was expecting.

So it finally happened...flashing lights in the RVM.

So there I was, driving down the road, minding my own business, banging this married nurse I know and I look over her shoulder and see blue lights in the rear view mirror. So I say "damn baby, hop off my jock and get in the passenger seat and buckle up for safety"........

:D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Lafayette is a good place to be. There's a /great/ variety of people, I find. There are self-proclaimed oilfield trash, redneck coonasses, painters and writers, even a burlesque troupe is getting it's start near here, and there's a great mix of fine arts to modern arts to high tech and culinary enthusiasts as well as sports nuts and all manner of hobbies with a good circle. It's kind of like getting the good parts of NOLA culture without the bad parts of NOLA in addition to the regular south-Louisiana stuff. I've met a good bunch of people around here - I just don't have the free time for much of a social life!

I hit up Red's one time, and I also did a bit of driving around. I got a totally different "vibe" there than I do here. I honestly feel like if I had grown up around there, I may not be moving from this state as I would have a huge network of friends centralized there, instead of what I have now, blown across the whole US. It's kindof nice when I travel, but meh. It would be nice to have a beer with friends at home from time to time!

But I know if you're going to move, it's likely not to another part of Louisiana, so it may be moot. I've not heard much good about the Shreveport area except for people who are kind of a loner type that just like to keep to themselves with a good friend or two, and have quiet weekends to themselves. You sound like you'd rather be pretty outgoing and socially active, so I can see how that area might suck. I don't know much about the area though.

I've turned into EXACTLY who you have described in paragraph two. I don't really like it, but I don't totally melt down like some people do. What I like are 5-6 friends that I'm close to. Every time I really invest in a friendship, they leave this area as they don't like it. It is easy to save money here, though.

Since I am moving, I'm picking a different area/state, though, yes. I lumped all of what I like into one column, and all of what I don't into another, and picked the best compromise I could find.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom