So it starts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    this type of thing really sucks for the non-rich gun owner.

Really second-guessing the sale of all my reloading gear. :(

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    this type of thing really sucks for the non-rich gun owner.

Really second-guessing the sale of all my reloading gear. :(

It really is a matter of who has the resources to buy in bulk or not. If you don't, I have a little tip for you; Each time you go into a sporting goods or firearms store, ALWAYS buy a box of ammo; whether you need it or not. In time it will add up and it may not hurt in the pocket over long term as a $10,000 bulk buy!

Remember: EACH TIME! Need to pick up some hooks at academy to go perch jerking? Get a box of ammo. Stopping by Cabelas's to pick up a hunting license? Get a box of ammo. Going to Wal-Mart to buy some tampons for your old lady? Hide them under a box of ammo, etc.,etc.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    It really is a matter of who has the resources to buy in bulk or not. If you don't, I have a little tip for you; Each time you go into a sporting goods or firearms store, ALWAYS buy a box of ammo; whether you need it or not. In time it will add up and it may not hurt in the pocket over long term as a $10,000 bulk buy!

Remember: EACH TIME! Need to pick up some hooks at academy to go perch jerking? Get a box of ammo. Stopping by Cabelas's to pick up a hunting license? Get a box of ammo. Going to Wal-Mart to buy some tampons for your old lady? Hide them under a box of ammo, etc.,etc.

Rofl. Sage advice.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA

Best advice ever.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days. :ninja: Yea, because only someone that's going on a rampage would buy 1000 rounds out once.... how much ammo did this last shitbag have on him anyhow?

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City

you sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar.

also, i dont see how this will change anything as far as massacres like aurora. he bought a few thousand rounds and used what? a couple hundred maybe? i can buy that at walmart or academy any day of the week. all this is going to do it hurt the little guy trying to save a buck by buying in bulk. how do these jackasses even think that this is going to make a difference?

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    supposedly he bought 6000...but didnt shoot but what less than 1/8th of that?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    you sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar.

also, i dont see how this will change anything as far as massacres like aurora. he bought a few thousand rounds and used what? a couple hundred maybe? i can buy that at walmart or academy any day of the week. all this is going to do it hurt the little guy trying to save a buck by buying in bulk. how do these jackasses even think that this is going to make a difference?

They don't! Whether something will work or not is NEVER what those "jackasses" think! The can gets kicked down the road every year!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

You get more "bang for your buck" if you order in bulk.

Avoid inflation too.

I picked up about 20k after the RJF birthday bash in June (got a deal so they wouldn't Haveta haul it home)

First time I bout any real amount of ammo since 2007.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La

I don't know about hiding the female leak stoppers:rofl::rofl: ,but I have been for the last 5 years,buying 1 or 2 boxes of ammo every time I go in wally world...hell as long as there is a place close to where I shop, if they have good prices I'll buy ammo !!

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    I always thought that (they) would regulate the sale of ammo vs. stopping the sales of firearms. Simply raise the prices or avalibility of said ammunition. You can buy all the firearms you want, but good luck finding ammo. Buy all you can now.:run::run::run:

Top Bottom