So slAKers.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I'd LOVE to talk about it!!!!

Someone's got these underfolders....

Common dude, just get me 1-2. What are we up to now? 3 years?
    I told you over a year ago that one is welded up.Ill tell you what Ill give you that one and your kits and the set of plates(That I dident really want)and you can have Will finish them.The one I did will be a freebee from me.

Last edited:

tsl_man

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Krotz Springs, LA
    Anyone willing to press out a barrel pin for me?

Got a romy g kit and need to press the barrel pin out. I tried and failed. The press I have won't do the job.
    Thanks.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I have a Yugo underfolder kit in the press right now. I started it about six months back, and I got it to the point where the blank was all cut out, the trigger guard was riveted in, the front trunnion was riveted in, the barrel was pressed in and headspaced, the rails were welded, and the center support trimmed and set up to rivet. I set up the Plinker's jig, and put the whole thing in the press, leveled it, and lowered the ram to hold everything in place.

Then I ordered a kiln to do future heat treatments.

Then I had to do some work on my scooter.

I just got the scooter fixed and the kiln out of the way, and I can see that kit sitting in the press. I gotta finish me a Yugo AK!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Got a romy g kit and need to press the barrel pin out. I tried and failed. The press I have won't do the job.
    Thanks.

You don't need a press. Clamp it onto a metal table, put punch in holder, get BIG hammer and play whack a mole.. You will get it out. Start with a stubby punch first

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Going to try an air hammer to knock it out. Or a punch. I usually hit everything but the punch. Ha ha
    Thanks.

Yeah. I know the drill. I hit my hand more than the punch. A tip: use vise-grips to hold the punch. It's funny, but your aim improves when your precious hands aren't a quarter inch from the hurtling 3-pound maul.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Benji my man, my Aks have issues....they need more siblings. When is the next build and group buy? Did you ever do the bull pup group build?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    **** its more like where havent i been. I went a million miles an hour with my career working long hours then working more from home and now Im ready to get back to the simplar things in life, like shooting $hit. I still want to get with you about a Saiga 12 if you got any left.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    All this talk of building is really getting under my skin. I have a baby due in about two weeks, and there will be no kit building for some time after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom