So what do u keep for hunting side arm?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I carry my heritage .22 revolver. Have the magnum cylinder and marked the chambers so i can stagger the rounds between magnum and rat shot and know whats in the slots. I carry it mostly for snakes. I also like my buck mark II. What do u fellers use when out in the sticks?

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I'd say it would depend on what I think is in the area. If it is a small wooded area surrounded by cane fields, my buckmark is good enough. Other than that, either a .357 if I borrow my dad's, or my 1911. Mostly depends on how comfortable I want to be.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I carry my heritage .22 revolver. Have the magnum cylinder and marked the chambers so i can stagger the rounds between magnum and rat shot and know whats in the slots. I carry it mostly for snakes. I also like my buck mark II. What do u fellers use when out in the sticks?

+1 for the heritage. I always like to have it on my side when im going through the woods

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Dnt some wma only allow u to carry a .22 pistol? Someone told me pearl river wma limits u to a .22

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Dnt some wma only allow u to carry a .22 pistol? Someone told me pearl river wma limits u to a .22

Centerfire handguns are only allowed on WMAs while big game season is in progress. During small game season, a 22 may be carried, and during Bow or BP season, you are limited to a 22 with rat-shot only(IMMSMC).

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    +1 During archery season I carry an old H&R 22 revolver with shot. Other than that I've typically carried a 38 S&W m60 revolver with shot when I wanted to carry a sidearm.

Top Bottom