So, what do you do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA

This is a semi-serious question. I avoid public restrooms, but in the event that my plan to have Taco Bell for lunch sneaks up on me, what should the course of action be? There aren't a whole lot of places to actually rest your gun, and the ones that are available are not ideal. (I'm a little bit of a clean freak) Obviously, I dont want my carry weapon to be displayed in its holster beneath the stall.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Drop trousers, draw weapon from holster, unload, put rounds in pants pocket, verify empty chamber and mag well, use toilet paper to wipe down barrel and clean any dirt/dust.

If bathroom is not empty after cycling the slide a few times, start chanting anything that sounds like islamic jibberish....finish #2 in peace.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Drop trousers, draw weapon from holster, unload, put rounds in pants pocket, verify empty chamber and mag well, use toilet paper to wipe down barrel and clean any dirt/dust.

If bathroom is not empty after cycling the slide a few times, start chanting anything that sounds like islamic jibberish....finish #2 in peace.

That's hilarious..

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part

I literally laughed out loud, but it would definitely work lol.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    If wearing tightey whiteys you can use the underwear hammock technique!
    I remove my holster then button my jeans at my knees and clip my holster to the front of my jeans.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    After lowering pants enough to sit, I re-buckle my belt to keep the holster upright.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sounds like a job for all the great minds of Bayou Shooter to come together and invent a TDS (tactical dump solution). I have seen Glocks disguised to look like red soso cups and even a Tactical Toilet Plunger. Even a crappy idea would be worth hearing.:chuckles:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Don't bash my serious question but,why not just leave it in your holster on your belt? My crossbreed and my disantis keep it hanging just fine.

Because the weight can make your pants drop to the floor.
    Before I lost all my guns when my houseboat sank, I did my best not to use public facilities, but if I had to I would either put my pistol in my front pocket or on top of the toilet paper dispenser.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't care what anyone elses opinion is, if no room on top of the plasticy-square TP holder, I drop drawers and lay gun in holster in "the basket" made from my pants being down. when finished, stand up, re-dress, re-holster. done.

edit: first sentence because last time I posted this I got called "disgusting". Yeah, then don't lick my holster. problem solved.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Every time you handle your weapon you induce risk and invite complacency by including it into a daily routine operation to the point it's mundane. I don't mean this in an extreme way... just a thought/belief that I try to avoid.

Anyways, when I sit down to ****, I leave it in the holster, and just keep my pants around knee-level. Push your knees out a bit, it's not difficult.

Worst case scenario is that I take the whole assembly off my pants. I have clips that can be taken off the belt without un-threading my belt. So I'll rest the holster, with the gun still safely inside, on the shelf or paper-towel holder, if it's stable enough, sometimes. If nothing... I remove holster-and-gun and place between feet in my dropped-on-flour trousers. I rarely resort to that.

However I do not like the idea of racking a gun in a stall. That's a noise no one wants to hear in that situation, and if you do it quietly, you risk not closely fully on the chambered round when you reload. /shrug

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Guys your all doing it wrong if it's a glock and I would hope so...just throw it in the toilet take a dump rinse it off with the flush and reholster. It's a glock and can still shoot with a little **** in it...

Top Bottom