So who else held onto their AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    Agreed...I just happened to be on joe bobs earlier and saw they were in stock...read this and thought I'd share...

Bought my at LCGun show a yr or so ago for 380 w/ gun case and three mags:)

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Barking Irons had them under $500, Grab a gun had them at a decent price also. It is a well made .22 IMO. $600 is a little high, even for the magpul version. Now if it was the performance center model, maybe.

I bought mine from walmart when they were $397. And a magpul stock for $45. I have put thousands of rounds through it and it runs flawless.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You guys tell some good boating stories, but here's one for you that'll make you chuckle, gather around for story time:

A relative of mine was messing around in an old aluminum boat out on an old cow pond. He had some guns in the boat...doing something like throwing clays into the water and shooting them then doing a bit of fishing. At some point, a water moccasin / cotton mouth swam up to his boat and climbed up a paddle and shimmied on into the boat. Apparently it just started sunning itself on one of the aluminium seat sections. He finally noticed the snake and just lost his mind and started yelling all kinds of things...just use your imagination. The snake gets upset from all the vibrations etc and bears its fangs. So my relative, grabs an old 12 gauge, points it at the snake and pulls the trigger. Sure enough the snake disappeared into a fragmented, bloody mist. Well wouldn't you know it, aluminum boats don't react well to having a large hole from close range shotgun loads blown into them. (Think Hunt for the Red October, most things in here don't react well to bullets, Ryan) anyway, needless to say, the boat started sinking and my relative swam as fast as he humanly could for the bank fearing that the late Mr. Moccasin's friends and relatives might be lurking nearby. He was relieved that he made it out unharmed but he was very sad and his pride was hurt. He realized that he had brought his modern sporting rifles on board that day and they and his old 12 gauge were forever lost and rusting there at the bottom of that deep cow pond. And to his shame, when one of his friends asks if he still has his "assault rifles," he has to tell them this sad sad story

The end.

Minor details may have been bent in the recounting of this story but it's at least 97% accurate.

I was debating making a new thread called "Boating Accidents" but that might get out of hand.

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    You guys tell some good boating stories, but here's one for you that'll make you chuckle, gather around for story time:

A relative of mine was messing around in an old aluminum boat out on an old cow pond. He had some guns in the boat...doing something like throwing clays into the water and shooting them then doing a bit of fishing. At some point, a water moccasin / cotton mouth swam up to his boat and climbed up a paddle and shimmied on into the boat. Apparently it just started sunning itself on one of the aluminium seat sections. He finally noticed the snake and just lost his mind and started yelling all kinds of things...just use your imagination. The snake gets upset from all the vibrations etc and bears its fangs. So my relative, grabs an old 12 gauge, points it at the snake and pulls the trigger. Sure enough the snake disappeared into a fragmented, bloody mist. Well wouldn't you know it, aluminum boats don't react well to having a large hole from close range shotgun loads blown into them. (Think Hunt for the Red October, most things in here don't react well to bullets, Ryan) anyway, needless to say, the boat started sinking and my relative swam as fast as he humanly could for the bank fearing that the late Mr. Moccasin's friends and relatives might be lurking nearby. He was relieved that he made it out unharmed but he was very sad and his pride was hurt. He realized that he had brought his modern sporting rifles on board that day and they and his old 12 gauge were forever lost and rusting there at the bottom of that deep cow pond. And to his shame, when one of his friends asks if he still has his "assault rifles," he has to tell them this sad sad story :wtc:

The end.

Minor details may have been bent in the recounting of this story but it's at least 97% accurate.

I was debating making a new thread called "Boating Accidents" but that might get out of hand.

Yep,
    Your cousin and I almost didn't make it back to the bank. We lost all our guns.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City

A relative of mine was messing around in an old aluminum boat out on an old cow pond. He had some guns in the boat...doing something like throwing clays into the water and shooting them then doing a bit of fishing. At some point, a water moccasin / cotton mouth swam up to his boat and climbed up a paddle and shimmied on into the boat. Apparently it just started sunning itself on one of the aluminium seat sections. He finally noticed the snake and just lost his mind and started yelling all kinds of things...just use your imagination. The snake gets upset from all the vibrations etc and bears its fangs. So my relative, grabs an old 12 gauge, points it at the snake and pulls the trigger. Sure enough the snake disappeared into a fragmented, bloody mist. Well wouldn't you know it, aluminum boats don't react well to having a large hole from close range shotgun loads blown into them. (Think Hunt for the Red October, most things in here don't react well to bullets, Ryan) anyway, needless to say, the boat started sinking and my relative swam as fast as he humanly could for the bank fearing that the late Mr. Moccasin's friends and relatives might be lurking nearby. He was relieved that he made it out unharmed but he was very sad and his pride was hurt. He realized that he had brought his modern sporting rifles on board that day and they and his old 12 gauge were forever lost and rusting there at the bottom of that deep cow pond. And to his shame, when one of his friends asks if he still has his "assault rifles," he has to tell them this sad sad story

The end.

I was debating making a new thread called "Boating Accidents" but that might get out of hand.[/QUOTE

sounds like he needed a mask and snorkel for christmas/birthday that year. no way in hell i wouldnt go after my AR if it ended up in the water

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Not that I have any problem selling my AR for double the amount I paid for it, but I use it for work and only have the one, so I'm keeping it.
    And, not that I have a problem selling my ammo for ridiculous prices, but I only have a case or so, so I'm keeping that too. I wish I had had the funds to purchase a ton of both years ago and make a nice return today, but...

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana

The end.

that's virtually a carbon copy of what happened to me, except my incident was on the lower mermentau river area and everyone knows it's full of saltwater. No tellin the condition of those heirlooms now,,,:confused:

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    sounds like he needed a mask and snorkel for christmas/birthday that year. no way in hell i wouldnt go after my AR if it ended up in the water

Well that was the part that got exaggerated, this happened about 25 years ago, and I'm not sure which rifles were on board, but given the spirit of the current times, I just figure that if he wanted to he could always allude to that event.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I wish I had 10 of them.... I got mine for hog hunting, and because I've always wanted one. I don't use it that often, but I wouldn't get rid of it.

There are plenty of other guns I'd rather have than another AR, but man... just think of the trades I could have made!

Top Bottom