so with all this going on....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    How many people are considering getting into archery? I've been shooting archery for a long time now. I love my firearms, but I do strongly prefer my bow unless its a self defense ordeal..... Is anyone that hasn't tried it started to consider adding a compound/recurve bow to their collection of "assault weapons"? lol.

I ask because anyone who hunts or is at least semi educated about archery knows that a skilled archer can do just as much damage with a bow and a broadhead as what a bullet can do. And it's even quiter, so it attracts less attention..... HAHA.....

It's just thoughts I was wanting others opinions on

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I luv my Barnett Crossbow but its kinda hard to conceal carry. :D The way things are going bayoushooter might just end up being the premier southern archery forum.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I love my crossbow and the bolts and "toys" for it.

In the event of a foreign occupation, etc, it'd be my weapon of choice. Quiet, lethal, untraceable, easy to hide, and occasionally you can shoot then go reclaim your ammo!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Original Post edited to include recurve. didn't think to mention em... lol

They are super fun. I don't know much about archery, other than how to string up a recurve and shoot it ( I think...) I was told I have bad form, but I put the arrow where I want it to go.

180808_10150089072255963_5563032_n.jpg

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    I've shot compound bows since I got into archery, so I don't know how much of a difference there is but from what I can tell your form isn't that bad...
    545356_453832444667099_606267633_n.jpg

I shoot 1" groups at 30yds.... Martin Pantera, 28" draw @ 65lbs shooting Carbon Express Maxima's with 100gr tips....... total arrow weight is 342gr..... my IBO speed was 270-280fps average last time i got myself clocked.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom