So you want to be a real gunfighter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    Wow... That is one old man who is NOT to be f***ed with.

About the part where the interviewer said something about just cooperating and he wouldn't have been shot: That is good advice for someone not as well prepared as Mr. Thomas, but it is also advice that could lead to more innocent citizens losing their life. If he would have cooperated and just given them everything, maybe they would have spared him, maybe not. Maybe they went in with the intention of leaving behind a dead shopkeeper to add to their rep. Maybe if he had cooperated he would have been spared, but the next person to be robbed by the same criminal would try to defend themselves, but without the experience and discipline of Mr. Thomas they were unable to do so and died.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Thanks for the video, Buddy...That was very interesting. That guy is one tough Hombre....Hell, he even looks like he just walked out of "the old west"....:eek3:LOL....

buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    I'm not a gambler with my money or, more importantly my life, so I'm thinking would I gamble on some crack head not shooting me? NO! If you have the opportunity to shoot him you better take advantage of the situation...and do it, NOW. You may still get shot, but you have got a better chance of surviving a gunfight when you are making them move while they are shooting at you.

If you noticed this guy shooting the targets, he was not a great shot. He was a decent shot with nerves of steel and didn't quit. The will to live can get you through a lot.

Buddy

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Re-post or not, great post Buddy. I would have never heard of Lance Thomas if you hadn't done it, so thank you once again....:thumbsup:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    definitely a badass.

I'm not sure it would have taken me that long to vacate. :run:

Seems like they could have gotten him for baiting on those last two. :eek3:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It looks as though he had the police on his side as well. That's a surprise to me, considering where it took place.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    It looks as though he had the police on his side as well. That's a surprise to me, considering where it took place.

True that CA isn't the most gun friendly state, but any community that has had mulitple shopkeepers get killed by thugs would appreciate someone like Mr. Thomas

Last edited:

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    The sad thing is, the thugs don't watch the news or read the paper so they are oblivious to the fact that people will fight back.

You'd think with all the defensive shootings in the south from TX to FL...that the thugs would wise up. However, many of them are young naive idiots who haven't read all the stories about other thugs getting capped in the act.

Top Bottom