So your teenager has a blog.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    Leave her alone about the blog posts!

No, really, she will just hide it better... you making a thing out of the stuff she posted will not do anything beneficial. Instead, encourage her to continue posting, and ground her for clearing her history.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Leave her alone about the blog posts!

No, really, she will just hide it better... you making a thing out of the stuff she posted will not do anything beneficial. Instead, encourage her to continue posting, and ground her for clearing her history.

No offense, but I think that's what I said. ;)

I laughed at this. I shared. Apparently safely since it wasn't hers technically.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Eh. you have a point if I posted her angsty teen bad day at school ramblings, which I won't and never will. I clarified that I didnt think she wrote all of it.

I know, I am just saying think like a 12 year old (I know that is not too hard for you :p) if she stumbled upon this, she would be mortified (i would think)

Like I said, i TOTALLY agree with watching your kids. I think they need relative amounts of privacy so that they can develop trust and exhibit trustworthy behavior, but at the same time... my house my rules.

I am just thinking how I would have felt had my mom found all the poetry i wrote in high school and decided to post it online for all her friends to see without my knowledge or permission.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    No offense, but I think that's what I said. ;)

I laughed at this. I shared. Apparently safely since it wasn't hers technically.

Lol, I know.

A little Google work says she most certainly didn't write it.... it comes up in pages from mid 2010 and before. I know you already said that ;)

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I know, I am just saying think like a 12 year old (I know that is not too hard for you :p) if she stumbled upon this, she would be mortified (i would think)

Like I said, i TOTALLY agree with watching your kids. I think they need relative amounts of privacy so that they can develop trust and exhibit trustworthy behavior, but at the same time... my house my rules.

I am just thinking how I would have felt had my mom found all the poetry i wrote in high school and decided to post it online for all her friends to see without my knowledge or permission.

You're right. I'll tell her I posted this because I want to encourage discussion.

Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    First, shouldn't #20 be a designer straightjacket? Did you mess it up, or did she?

Now, you said this was on her blog. Have I been misunderstanding what a blog was all this time? I thought you took your personal private thoughts, like your diary, and posted it on the internet. If this is so, then she has already put this out there into web-land, hasn't she? Why would she get upset if you post it, since she's already posted it?

And the ones about "dont' maim anyone" and "if you do, kill them so they can't sue you" is so so true. Dead men don't sue. :)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    She's just going to get better about it if you punish her too much. I remember when I was 13 my parents put some norton internet security program that blocked any website with violence, drugs, nudity, social networking, or instant messaging. This ended up blocking news sites for violence, wikipedia pages for violence and drugs, and sports illustrated for nudity or suggested material. I now thank them because it was around that age I learned how to hack. If it's just her history, she can leave it and delete certain entries or on firefox do a "private browsing session."

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yup on all counts. Now I could pull her completely off the internet 100% and that's certainly an option. Or I can do the best I can while monitoring her and hope some of it sticks.

Alpo you're sort of right but Nolacop raises a good point. Next time if I see something, I'll ask permission to post it. It's harmless and there should be a privacy factor here up to a certain point. It certainly wouldn't hurt a bit and may prevent upset later.

I do remember what I did, said, acted like as a young teenager. As I said balancing act.

I'm still coughing up a lung from laughing over some of these though.

The world is going to end, so go bite off your big toe and done with it. That's golden. :D

WAIT!!! HOLD UP!!!!
    Did Nolacop admit he wrote poetry in high school?!?!?!?!?!?!

mikeinneworlean

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    ..... I remember when I was 13 my parents put some norton internet security program that blocked any website with violence, drugs, nudity, social networking, or instant messaging.... "

My parents wouldn't have known Norton if he knocked on the door and asked to inspect the tags on our mattresses.....

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    My parents wouldn't have known Norton if he knocked on the door and asked to inspect the tags on our mattresses.....

This. It took my mom years to learn how to turn the computer on. She can now check her email and reply to messages.

She still uses the URL bar as her search engine though.

Top Bottom