Social Security Disability help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Any member that has gone through the process or has some knowledge of the appeal process for SS disability, please shoot me an IM or Email.

A really long story short my wife suffers from a few medical issues and is now unable to work. She has had several back injuries and is unable to get around. She had a 5 level fusion and double discectomy 2+ years ago but it didn't really help. We filed for SS disability and of course she was denied. She is a honorably discharged USMC vet hat has been paying into the system since 1989 and doesn't live in the lower 9th ward or vote democrat, so now we have to go through the appeals process.

Any legal help recommendations in the NOLA metro area, or first hand lessons learned/experiences that eventually had successful results, PLEASE let me know.

And its absolutely ****ing ridiculous how someone who has actually paid in the system is treated when a 19 year old heroine dealer with a 22 page rap sheet that hasn't worked a day in his life can get SSI on the first shot.... can't wait for the Ebola outbreak.

Thanks BS crew!

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    As an attorney in Lafayette who has handled a couple of SSDI cases, I agree that having an attorney who handles these regularly is a big advantage. SS has a schedule of injuries that you have to fit perfectly into in order to qualify or you have to be able to convince the office or the judge that your condition is substantially similar to one of the listed injuries and is totally disabling.

As for fees, SS sets the fee (my memory says 25% of any amounts owed at the time of the award, with a max of $6,000 the last time I handled one, plus out of pocket expenses), so you should not have to shop around for the best price, as the price is not set by the atty.

Prayers that things work out for her.

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    My wife and I went through this same thing. She has worked since she was 16 and ended up having to have a neck and spinal fusion done a few years back. She also had brain surgery to remove a cyst and she still has health problems like high blood pressure and some other things. We were told that she could not receive here SS disability due to me being AD military because I supposedly make to much. Then we were told that she would have to try and work for another two years to even try to be eligible to receive it. Talk about being pissed when we see all kinds of folks getting it and not even working or having a job for few months and then getting it when they have not earned it at all.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    As a physical therapist who deals with SSI patients regularly my advice. An attorney. Get one. And one who handles SSI claims on a regular basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom