SOG Blades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have a SOG autoclip that I bought real cheap and it has actually lasted longer than some knives that cost twice as much. Not saying much since I paid about $8 for it. I have read good reviews on the SOGzilla and plan on getting one soon.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I carried a SOG Auto-tac every day for the past 6 years. Clip broke on it yesterday. Now im sad.
    I keep the SOG Seal Pup on the roll bar of my Jeep for camping offroad. It has held its edge very well with the abuses ive put that thing through.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have a trident with the non serrated blade. One of my favorite knives, its very light and has a good feel to it. The blade sharpens well too.

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Their C.S. and warranty is outstanding. I have their multi-tool (which I absolutely love) and broke the jaw while using it for an unintended purpose. I tried to call their C.S. to see about a repair and the rep told me that there was no need because of the lifetime warranty. I could either send it to them to repair for free which would be a 3-4 week turnaround, or she could just send me the jaw to repair myself. I got the jaw in 3 days and it was a real easy fix. SOG is highly reccomended by me.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    All I buy is SOG. I have kept a trident in my pocket (black TiNi with half serrated) for Twoish years and have had no problems besides the clip breaking off, but they mailed me two new ones three days later. I also keep the SOG nano knife on m keychain and have used it more than the big one. My favorite of them is my seal team elite which I just can't seem to dull...I have even chopped down small trees with it.

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Just got my first SOG(Trident TiNi ) for my birthday recently(thanks to my wife :) . Solid lockup, lightweight and fast opening. I love the deep carry pocket clip, really can't tell there's a 3.75" bladed knife hanging out in my pocket. My friend uses his Aegis everyday at work(oilfield shop), and a Flash II. I love the AUS8 blade steel and for a $50 knife it's well made.

Next will be an Aegis or Seal Pup.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I had to get a replacement clip screw from them, it came pretty quick but was a little long, damn thing broke off but it is still holding the clip in so I'll let it ride.

Been carrying my SOG-Tac Auto for at least 5 years, and got my dad one of the Electricians knives a few years ago. Also have some smaller ones, Flash II maybe? for myself and the wife (hers in pink of course).

My only gripe with them is not all of them are made in USA.

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Since I'm a Gerber fan I dont usually buy SOG products, but I Did buy one of their multitools a couple of years ago. It fell apart on one weekend camping trip in FL (hardly a rough trip). Glad I had a backup. Never bought another SOG. Their knives could be awesome, I dunno.

Top Bottom