***SOLD*** H&R 45-70 Synthetic $200

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    ***SOLD***

H&R 45-70 Synthetic
    Iron sights, plus scope rail
    Hammer extension
    $200, FTF in Covington area

Stock Photo
    i.php

Last edited:

rooster020

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    monroe
    you will probably see more than one for sale Flipflapfly now that the law on primitive weapons has changed in Louisiana

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    They aren't bad on recoil. It's nothing like a break action 12 ga in terms of recoil.

I ball BS on that!! Lol. Not bad mouthing the gun, it's an awesome gun. I have that gun with the thumb hole stock. I got mine and had the gun shop mount a Nikon Prostaff on it. Took it to the range to sight it in and couldn't get it to group. Looked closer at the scope after shooting several shots and noticed that the scope was slipping in the rings because of recoil. The shop I bought it from put cheap aluminum rings on it. Had to change the rings before getting it shooting straight. Had one hell of a bruised shoulder!! Not bad if you are shooting once or twice but sighting that thing in is NOT fun!! Great gun though.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I ball BS on that!! Lol. Not bad mouthing the gun, it's an awesome gun. I have that gun with the thumb hole stock. I got mine and had the gun shop mount a Nikon Prostaff on it. Took it to the range to sight it in and couldn't get it to group. Looked closer at the scope after shooting several shots and noticed that the scope was slipping in the rings because of recoil. The shop I bought it from put cheap aluminum rings on it. Had to change the rings before getting it shooting straight. Had one hell of a bruised shoulder!! Not bad if you are shooting once or twice but sighting that thing in is NOT fun!! Great gun though.

I got a45/70 with aluminum rings and have not had to adjust the scope in 4 years and probably around 300 rounds.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Dunno. They were prob cheap rings. Took it to another shop and the gunsmith said "cheap aluminum" rings were the prob. Changed them with some top of the line and haven't had a problem.
    Question: How far of is your POI after 1-3 shots? Seems like after the barrel heats up it tends to shoot a couple of inches off. I let mine sit for about 5 minutes between shots but still can't get same POI unless I let it completely cool. Short barrel and all I guess.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Put a limbsaver recoil pad on it and it will soak up the recoil. I think the recoil pads on the H&R's have a steel plate just under the rubber surface and it doesn't contract like a proper recoil pad. Leverevolution ammo does have some kick to it off the bench.
    I chronographed some I had at 1850fps. My reloads were doing 1950fps.
    If you shoot the 405gr bullets at 1800fps they will really get your attention.
    Factory 405's do about 1200fps.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom