sold - Savage Model 99E .308

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Is this rifle missing it's open sights?

I am 99% sure this rifle never had them. There is a little factory filler piece in the barrel where the rear sight would have been. I read that not all came with the open sights. I don't collect guns, so I am king guessing.

IMG_1968Large.jpg

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    yea if i know it was that nice i would of jumped on it

If I didn't just buy a Marlin 30/30 a week ago I would consider hanging on to it. But I would much rather see it go to somebody who will fix her up and admire her. I would have it in the swamp if I kept it. And besides, I ain't taking any 300 yard shoots in the swamp. A 30-30 is much better (IMO) for what I am doing.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Quite possibly THE best "brush carbine" (in a serious caliber) for deer hunting in thick woods ever built. I had one in .35 Remington many, MANY moons ago, with a Leuopold 1 X 4.5; one hell of a close-in (100 yards or less) deer rifle.

When I quit hunting, I sold it to a fellow who had been after me for years to sell it to him. For a "non-tactical" all-around defensive rifle, I'd take one of these over ANY bolt gun; or some semi-autos, for that matter.

I've never heard of a Savage 99 in 35 Remington. They did make it in 358, 375, etc. If it was factory original in .35 Remington it would be worth a mint as it would be the only one made.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom