SOLD: WTS Ishapore 2a1

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Buy a piece of History! I am selling my Ishapore 2a1. It is in excellent condition, and this one has actually seen combat.

For those who do not know, the Ishapore 2a1 is a chambered down version (7.62 Nato) of the Enfield .303's for the Indian Army (who couldn't handle the recoil).

I am selling it for SOLD, FTF, in Baton Rouge.

Trade Interests:

Spikes Tactical Biohazard Logo Stripped multi-cal lower receiver + Cash (http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...+Multi-Cal.+Billet+Lower+Receiver&groupid=577)
    Spikes Tactical Jolly Rogers Logo Stripped multi-cal lower receiver + Cash
    Spikes Tactical Complete Upper
    Sig 228
    Sig 229
    Glock 19 Gen3 OD

Here is a picture:

PM me if interested.

Thank you for looking!

-Loco

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    the Ishapore 2a1 is a chambered down version (7.62 Nato) of the Enfield .303's for the Indian Army (who couldn't handle the recoil).

That's not the reason. By the time the 2A/2A1 was produced the 303 British round was being phased out in favor of the 7.62 NATO round. The Ishapore factory was tooling up to make their own version of the FAL (chambered in 7.62 NATO) but needing rifles now and not later they produced the Enfield with chambering for the new NATO round. The 7.62 NATO is not weaker than the 303 British round and in fact operates at higher pressures.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That's not the reason. By the time the 2A/2A1 was produced the 303 British round was being phased out in favor of the 7.62 NATO round. The Ishapore factory was tooling up to make their own version of the FAL (chambered in 7.62 NATO) but needing rifles now and not later they produced the Enfield with chambering for the new NATO round. The 7.62 NATO is not weaker than the 303 British round and in fact operates at higher pressures.

I wrote what was told to me when I purchased the rifle, years ago. Thank you for your extensive knowledge on the firearm.

If this is documented, then I am very interested in the rifle.

PM sent to you.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    if i wasnt trying to skydive more, i really want an enfield chambered in something more plentiful. lucky bastard is gonna get this one.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom