*SOLD* WTS Smith & Wesson 686-3 6" & 13-2 .357 Magnum 3"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Smith & Wesson Model 13-2 chambered in .357 Magnum. This one has a recessed cylinder but the 3" barrel does not appear to be pinned, a bit of an oddity. Also has a 3" barrel! Comes with original grips as pictured, one set of Hogue grips and one set of Pachmayr Compact grips. This piece doesn't appear to have been shot much and is in superb condition. It is very fun to shoot and is extremely accurate. I'll take $550. Did I mention it has a 3" barrel?

Next is a Smith & Wesson 686-3 chambered in .357 Magnum. It has a 6" barrel and is in immaculate condition. Comes with a set of Pachmayr open backstrap grips. This thing is a beast and a joy to shoot! You will not be disappointed! $550

I WILL SELL BOTH FOR $1000!!!!! (For this weekend only!)

These have the TIGHTEST LOCKUP I've seen on S&W revolvers!

FTF on New Orleans Westbank.

Last edited:

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Nothing odd about that. Collectors refer to these as "transition pieces". It was built during the period when the factory was moving to crush-fit barrels and non-recessed cylinders in an effort to cut production costs. You'll see all sorts of K frames with pinned barrels/non-recessed cylinders or like this one, non-pinned barrel/recessed cylinder. It all depended on the frames that were on the rack when the fitter drew his daily work, and what barrels and cylinders were in the bins at his bench. When they make an engineering change such as this, they make an effort to use up whatever "old" parts are on hand before fully implementing the change/s.

None of that, of course, detracts from the desirability of this revolver, because they damn sure aren't making them like this anymore.

Not sure whether I should put lipstick on or say thanks for the info. :eek:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom