SOLD WTT/WTS Sig 522

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    As the title states, I am looking to trade my Sig 522 for a S & W 15-22. Let me start off by saying that the Sig is a REALLY awesome gun and I am not looking for anything but the 15-22. My issue is that I am really leaning toward the AR look and the Sig is just not doing it for me. It shoots great and will feed all types of ammo and if I do not get any offers I am more than willing to hang on to it and keep shooting it. It comes with everything it originally came with including blue case, lock, extra butt stock extension, and a 25 round smoke colored mag that I did not photo. I also have a NCStar holographic sight mounted with a red and green dot with 3 different intensities for each color. I would say that it has about 1K-1.5K rounds through it. Let me just say I am a fanatic about cleaning my guns so it is is perfect shape and I would like a 15-22 in the same condition.

I would prefer the MOE version of the 15-22. I would also prefer the one with the flash hider on it but I will consider all versions. Please have a photo. I would like FTF in the greater New Orleans area but for the right offer I will consider a short drive. PM me if you are interested.

Cash Price added. $500

Thanks for looking.
    Ruben

a9fdc040.jpg

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

That's about what I paid for the 516!?! Did you consider trading it back to the dealer you got the 556 from, toward the 516? Perhaps they may be open to that scenario even if you have to put up a few bucks extra. I don't know how much that S&W AR cost, and it is a nice gun, but I would go SIG before S&W if I had my druthers.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I think there is some confusion here. I am trading a Sig 522 chambered in 22lr and I am looking for the S & W 15-22 also chambered in 22lr. Both are probably half the cost of their 223/5.56 big brothers. Also, I traded for the Sig so there is no going back to the dealer. Probably would not be trading if I had a 556.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think there is some confusion here. I am trading a Sig 522 chambered in 22lr and I am looking for the S & W 15-22 also chambered in 22lr. Both are probably half the cost of their 223/5.56 big brothers. Also, I traded for the Sig so there is no going back to the dealer. Probably would not be trading if I had a 556.

My brain is turning to mush. My eyes saw 522, may brain thought 566.

I am a douche. :mamoru:

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    No harm, no foul. It has, however, got me thinking about 223/5.56 again which is always a bad thing. I have kept to 22lr and a 9mm handgun for price sake but long for a rifle with some more punch. Only problem is I would probably not be able to get out and shoot one but maybe once every month or two due to ammo costs. Still, trading for an upper still enters my mind.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well then, let me add fuel to the fire; IT IS NICE!!!!! VERY NICE!!

And, I just mailed by paperwork for a suppressor for it.:D

BTW, how much does that 522 retail for?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    No harm, no foul. It has, however, got me thinking about 223/5.56 again which is always a bad thing. I have kept to 22lr and a 9mm handgun for price sake but long for a rifle with some more punch. Only problem is I would probably not be able to get out and shoot one but maybe once every month or two due to ammo costs. Still, trading for an upper still enters my mind.

Sort of off topic here, but I think an AK74 would be right up your alley. With 5.45 ammo costing $150 a case or less, it's cheap to shoot AND a great defensive weapon. You could get a decent one for about the same price as the .22LR AR. Just sayin... :D

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    That is why I wanted to trade for a rifle and not sell outright. If I were to get the cash in hand my mind would start racing and thinking of the possibilities. Damn all those fun toys out there.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That is why I wanted to trade for a rifle and not sell outright. If I were to get the cash in hand my mind would start racing and thinking of the possibilities. Damn all those fun toys out there.

It reallty is a great time to be living in the gun world; and of course, if you have money!;)

Hay-Wire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well then, let me add fuel to the fire; IT IS NICE!!!!! VERY NICE!!

And, I just mailed by paperwork for a suppressor for it.:D

BTW, how much does that 522 retail for?

Been shooting my 522 with a can for a while now. Nothing like it! Best .22 LR I've ever owned. Everybody that shoots it asks me where they can get one.
    Price-wise - I bought mine last year when Louisiana had the tax-free hunting weekend. Bought it for $485.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom