SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I am about to try trap shooting. I have several shotguns, but the lOP is way too big. I need 12.5 or or 13 at the most. Any suggestions? Please include guns and gunsmiths who may be able to help me fit a shotgun

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I would call hunters run, they would know!
    I was in the same boat, I just started cutting a little off at a time on my miter saw till I got my LOP rite

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    No mention of what type gun you are looking for, pump, auto ect..
    However most manufacturers make at least one model; Tristar, Stoeger, Remington and so on. Screw in chokes have really made a dedicated skeet/trap gun a little un necessary. Shotguns are very flexible now, the barrel length and weight can be changed by replacing the barrel or using extended chokes. Start looking at the big box stores, they usually stock youth guns for hunting season these guns are a shorter LOP and are full featured guns and not stripped down models.
    Good luck.

Try talking to bigjakewlch, not met him but he seems to be a reasonable man who could point you in the right direction if he can't help.

Last edited:

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Also, depending on what shotguns you have or what you want to do, there are replacement or aftermarket stocks available for almost any fit or dimension. You could get an existing stock cut or modified to fit almost anyone with a little patience, it all depends on what you need or want the gun to look like. Replacements for some guns are available in tactical, sporting or collapsible styles, but it depends on taste and purpose.

CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I also use a shotgun with a 12.5 LOP and you are only going to find one that has had the stock cut. Youth guns may have short stocks, but they also have short barrels. I have a Franchi AL48 with a 12.5 LOP in 20 gauge that I would sell, but the barrel is a fixed choke and you may not want that. I picked up a Beretta Outlander with a wooden stock and was lucky enough to find a short stock for it. But cutting a stock is not hard. My brother has cut a rifle and shotgun stock for me without any trouble. If you plan on buying a replacement stock to cut, find it before the shotgun. Beretta A400 stocks are hard to find and EXPENSIVE.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    What did you go with?
    I recently bought my wife and kids a Weatherby SA08 youth 20 ga semi auto. 12.5" LOP and 24" barrel came with 4 chokes.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

CY09

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I got a Beretta A300 Outlander in wood for $650. Luckily the gunsmith had a 12.5 LOP stock that fit the gun so I didn't have to cut the original. I really like it. Not very expensive and has not missed a beat. It has a 28" barrel and came with 3 chokes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom