Some press about GODZILLA - My car project!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/godzilla-rises-meet-patrick-us-legal-r32-nissan-153001996.html

http://news.boldride.com/2015/06/your-ride-r32-nissan-gt-r/81005/

I was emailed from an author of the website BOLDRIDE to do an article about my car project. I have a 1990 R32 Skyline GT-R under the knife as my next track/weekend car and it's apparently getting a lot of attention. I just wanted to share for those that might care. I should be done with it in a couple of months (trying to be ready for cruising the coast). Anyway, it should be one frigging fast car when I'm done.

Patrick

CharleyR1

Nitrous is fun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Metairie, Louisiana
    Wow man that's awesome! Please start a build thread when near completion! I had a N1 block in my 240 a few years ago. It was a fun street car. You have a good gem right there.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Crusin the Coast was formed by several S. Ms. car clubs. It was and is intended to be pre 1975 cars,(Check the website) Not lil cars with big mufflers, 4 wheel drives or jacked up pickups, or dragging the ground cars and trucks; there are other cruises for them.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I understand. I'm from a family of all hotrodders and grew up in slidell going my whole life. I don't enter the actual events, But I must say from what I've seen throughout the years...anything goes aside from the actual "cruising the coast" registered events. An R32 skyline GTR will definitely still be an attention getter for the poeple down there and I'm sure welcome on certain level since it too has a universal cult following and is accompanied by a serious racing heritage. I plan to drive it down there with my wife, park on the side of the beach and watch the old cars drive by like I have done in all the years past.

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There are plenty of different groups that have get togethers there, usually around the mall or colisiem
    I don't go for any specific "car group". Only a small group of family and friends (8-10). We treat it like beach holiday. I am a spectator. Last year in my mom's 62 corvette. White with fawn beige. You should have seen the look when they found out we were parking in the regular parking lot to go see the shows.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    c82fd0928e26d7603e1a73cc6cc1bb1bb819b0a5b230f43f869b4c6307c98714.jpg

:rolleyes:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have a build thread at the skylines australia forum, but I'll post a few things here.

Right now I will have the factory intake manifold. Factory intake piping will all be custom for the Borg Warner 8374 EFR turbo. I decided to stick with the internally wastegated setup (still true divided) and am also waiting on the RAW Brokerage manifold for this turbo to arrive. On pump gas I'll try to get to 21 psi boost (knock depending) and should see 550 whp no problem there. Then on E85 and higher boost (30), should see in the 700+ whp. I haven't yet addressed the stock transmission, but EVERY single other component is replaced with better equipment starting with the brand new Nismo N1 racing block. Also it's Brian Crower Chromoly stroker crank (making it 2.75L), Nismo coppermix twin plate clutch + flywheel. N1 water pump, Tomeir oil pump, Tomei cams, and Tomei camgears. Greddy deep sump oilpan extension, front diff will be replaced with Nismo 1.5 way clutch diff, some new oil breathing mods, BC +.5mm SS valves, BC bronze valve guides, ported the head, Ti retainers, Better valve springs, HKS belt, Haltech Platinum ECU, Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump, DW 800cc injectors (will need bigger for E85).

Currently I have the entire bottom end together, just waiting on the head. Then it should go together very quickly. I am doing EVERYTHING except for the head machine work myself.

Car should be super fast. AWD, 3200 lbs, 550-750 HP and a SERIOUS powerband (3,500-9,500 rpms).

32zmio8.jpg

1zpslyg.jpg

5038xt.jpg

4t2c1l.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have a build thread at the skylines australia forum, but I'll post a few things here.

Right now I will have the factory intake manifold. Factory intake piping will all be custom for the Borg Warner 8374 EFR turbo. I decided to stick with the internally wastegated setup (still true divided) and am also waiting on the RAW Brokerage manifold for this turbo to arrive. On pump gas I'll try to get to 21 psi boost (knock depending) and should see 550 whp no problem there. Then on E85 and higher boost (30), should see in the 700+ whp. I haven't yet addressed the stock transmission, but EVERY single other component is replaced with better equipment starting with the brand new Nismo N1 racing block. Also it's Brian Crower Chromoly stroker crank (making it 2.75L), Nismo coppermix twin plate clutch + flywheel. N1 water pump, Tomeir oil pump, Tomei cams, and Tomei camgears. Greddy deep sump oilpan extension, front diff will be replaced with Nismo 1.5 way clutch diff, some new oil breathing mods, BC +.5mm SS valves, BC bronze valve guides, ported the head, Ti retainers, Better valve springs, HKS belt, Haltech Platinum ECU, Deatschwerks DW300 fuel pump, DW 800cc injectors (will need bigger for E85).

Currently I have the entire bottom end together, just waiting on the head. Then it should go together very quickly. I am doing EVERYTHING except for the head machine work myself.

Car should be super fast. AWD, 3200 lbs, 550-750 HP and a SERIOUS powerband (3,500-9,500 rpms).

thats going to be a mf beast. only ever seen a few on the track - and those that know just stay away :p

Rumors of Infiniti releasing a US model abound the internet, but who knows if itll ever be reality.

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Correct. Mine is an R32 version Skyline GT-R.

The new model is R35 GT-R. They dropped the Skyline part.

The infiniti will be a 4 door with the GT-R drivetrain and I'll be honest looks incredible. No doubt targeting the RS7 and AMG sales points. But I wouldn't say it's the new GT-R.

Top Bottom