Somebody wants a job, I think

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    I have a side business of doing yard work and I have an ad in the local paper. I get a text today and this is what it said.
    Ha how u dn im lookn fr job my name is john n if its avaible please call me

I asked him what job then politely told him no than you.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335483862.800028.jpg

Is this how people apply for jobs now?

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that's my 19 y/o son who text that...

I swear, that's the only way they know how to communicate these days...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't know about this one?!? That texting lingo is what it is. I have no clue about how they do it and why.

I would agree that they may talk worse than they type if it were me you were using as an example, but I guarantee you I type with more diction than when I speak. My New Orleans drawl is really ugly.

So this kid, if he's like my kid, may really be smart as a whip and have better diction and pronunciation than his dad, but only not know the "old school" rules we still abide by. After all, the "texting" craze is really in its infancy.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I have a side business of doing yard work and I have an ad in the local paper. I get a text today and this is what it said.
    Ha how u dn im lookn fr job my name is john n if its avaible please call me

Is this how people apply for jobs now?

Dude....what did you expect? A Harvard grad?

Well, on second thought, I guess that's not too far out of reach now days. :mamoru::dogkeke::rofl:

:hi5:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm not even advertising for a help wanted ad. I'm trying to get more work. Lol

When you do hire, I'd like a company truck and per diem...I take lunch at different times and for different amounts of time. I do text at work but only if it's important.

I don't like to sweat and grass cuttings make me break out so I'll need special clothing and procedures.

Are your mowers air conditioned ?

I recently graduated from Normans Skool of Grass and will make you a top notch employee

I don't speak english, my niece is typing for me so you'll need to make arangments for that, like if I need to text at work she'll need to be with me.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    When you do hire, I'd like a company truck and per diem...I take lunch at different times and for different amounts of time. I do text at work but only if it's important.

I don't like to sweat and grass cuttings make me break out so I'll need special clothing and procedures.

Are your mowers air conditioned ?

I recently graduated from Normans Skool of Grass and will make you a top notch employee

I don't speak english, my niece is typing for me so you'll need to make arangments for that, like if I need to text at work she'll need to be with me.

:rofl:

Top Bottom