Someone needs to hit the range up a bit more

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    My shot placement sucked. I limp wristed the HK a bit, causing an FTF. My Taurus refused to fire a round, ejected the round and it had two marks from the firing pin, put it in the HK and it went bang nicely.

I put all my shots on the target, but they where all over the place. At first I was hitting low and left, got them closer to center, but still scattered at 20 feet. At 50 feet I put all rounds on target, but all over the body.

Quick fire at 10 feet everything was on target, and not horrible grouping, but nothing to be happy about.

All in all, 120 rounds, I had 3 that apparantly missed the paper completely, and about half a dozen that where outside the black on the siloette. (most of those where while doing headshots though, and just off the left ear...)

Had been a year and a half since I had been to the range....hopefully I can afford to go every week or two though now

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You can't limp wrist a revolver. That is all.

I hope you make it to the range that often. You should try doing some competition if you have time.

Dave

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I feel your pain. Since my 22 month old daughter was born I've been to the range exactly twice. About two years ago I got the feeling that I should be working more and playing less. I really miss it, but then in the morning I go to awaken her, and she smiles at me, and I understand.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    JD, you should start making the practice runs during the week.

If the cost of ammo is a factor, I hope you have been saving the brass that you already payed 4, you can get started with reloading with a Lee 3 stage machine for about $160 setup with the dies for .45ACP, 1k primers will cost $30+, 1k bullets $60 for lead GAT bullets OR $91 for Bayou Bullets, 1 pound of powder $25.

Once you make the initial investment of the machine you are looking at spending $0.12 per bullet compared to about $.35 you are currently paying at walmart.

I have a .45 ACP machine that you are more than welcome to come use at my shop, if you just want to buy the components and wait on the machine, just holla if you do, the Lee machine will be a good starter and once your needs increase you can upgrade to a Dillon 550 or 650.

Would be a great thing to have specially since you were looking for things to do on your free time.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Where'd you shoot at and were you the Yahoo blasting away in the far right lane about 1400 yesterday at Precision? Next time, come ask and I'll coach you.

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I feel your pain. Since my 22 month old daughter was born I've been to the range exactly twice. About two years ago I got the feeling that I should be working more and playing less. I really miss it, but then in the morning I go to awaken her, and she smiles at me, and I understand.

I would also take the time to understand that maybe knowing how to use your firearms to the best of your ability will give your daughter that protection should she need it, not to mention your family and friends also.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    A tumbler or subsonic cleaner, a flip tray-pickup tubes depending on machine, case sizer-case gage, powder scale, calipers, a good manual (lyman or speer), bullet puller,

about all I can think off, you start collecting a bunch of stuff pretty quick but those are the basics I think.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I would also take the time to understand that maybe knowing how to use your firearms to the best of your ability will give your daughter that protection should she need it, not to mention your family and friends also.

:)

Thanks, but I don't have guns for self-defense. They're just for fun. Where I live we don't have to worry about crime. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff lives about six blocks away and David and Wendy Vitter are about five blocks away.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    :)

Thanks, but I don't have guns for self-defense. They're just for fun. Where I live we don't have to worry about crime. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff lives about six blocks away and David and Wendy Vitter are about five blocks away.

I will trade you a 14ft. inflatable twister waterslide if you want to have fun. Thoes guns will just bore you to death after a while just sitting in the safe.:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom