Someone shot themselves yesterday at The Shooters Club...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Doesn't really surprise me, I usually stay away from public ranges if I can... tired of getting flagged by muzzles... but I guess it can happen anywhere.

good reminder that we should all have a blow-out-kit / first aid kit with us... never know when you might need one. I keep on in my truck, and range bag.

Aaron

dashzero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    I was next to a friend when he shot himself above in the knee in 1991 with a 45cal black talon out of a 1911. He was sitting in the car. It fully expanded. He didn't die. There was a lot of blood however. He does walk with a limp, and his knee doesn't fully open. We think he was the first person shot with one.

Psychosomatic

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Metairie
    People call 911 for much less. Like chick nugget and nail polishing disputes. :rofl:

Talking about that, another funny story from tonight. I was down at Port-o-Call when about 7 large women(one with a baby on her hip) ran out of the restaurant screaming that someone had thrown a drink on them. They then proceeded to insult and threaten everyone until they found the women(who seemed to be surprised at the situation) and then they threw a full monsoon on her, the whole time attempting to physically assault her and her boyfriend. I honestly didnt know that you could attack someone with a child on your hip but I was educated on that tonight. Anyway back on topic, I kid you not within 5 minutes there was 11 NOPD cars on the scene. I counted.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Talking about that, another funny story from tonight. I was down at Port-o-Call when about 7 large women(one with a baby on her hip) ran out of the restaurant screaming that someone had thrown a drink on them. They then proceeded to insult and threaten everyone until they found the women(who seemed to be surprised at the situation) and then they threw a full monsoon on her, the whole time attempting to physically assault her and her boyfriend. I honestly didnt know that you could attack someone with a child on your hip but I was educated on that tonight. Anyway back on topic, I kid you not within 5 minutes there was 11 NOPD cars on the scene. I counted.

Please tell me thy were all screaming in that real cool 9th ward dialect...that will complete my fantasy woman snapshot

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Was unfortunate enough to witness a guy, later determined to be Houston PD, at Marksman's Range in S. Houston showing his GF how to quick draw. Only problem was he pulled the trigger on contact with the weapon and blew out a chunk of his love handles. I got to call 911 on that one.

But watching the life flight chopper land out front was cool.

Lesson there, if there is one, is WATCH those around you at public ranges (or anywhere else for that matter).

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yep,,,it's all the luck of the draw. People have died from broken legs when the broken bone also takes out the femoral. You bleed out quickly,,,,and depending on the amount of fat on the leg,,,,it's not always that easy to tourniquet the femoral.
    Anyway,,,there is a lesson here. No such thing as an unloaded gun...and never point any gun in a direction of someone(including yourself) unless you plan on shooting.
    That has saved me on more than one occasion when I accidentally discharged a weapon thinking it was unloaded.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans

That's why I go to Yo Mama's not Powta ca'll. Well that and real bacon not bacon bits :mamoru:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Doesn't really surprise me, I usually stay away from public ranges if I can... tired of getting flagged by muzzles... but I guess it can happen anywhere.

good reminder that we should all have a blow-out-kit / first aid kit with us... never know when you might need one. I keep on in my truck, and range bag.

Aaron
    I have a blowout kit in my car but I need to upgrade some of the items in it. I need a decent tourniquet, maybe a SWAT-T, and a chest seal. I've looked at a few of the blowout kits at Zombie Squad and have a good idea what I want but havn't gotten around to getting everything yet.

gw4141

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Marrero, La.
    When did this happen, I left there about 5:55pm yesterday, a JP officer was there when I left, I am trying to picture who it could of been. Looked like a bunch of young guys and a couple of girls where there when I left........

Top Bottom