Something going on at the Hammond Police Dept location.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    After spending a few years auditing municipalities and departments along the I-55 corridor. Small town Louisiana politics entertains me. It's as if Boss Hogg and Tony And Budroux spawned a whole region of politicians.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    LOL I know Arden and he is a smart guy that gets a bit (whats the word) overzealous at times. But you never know....

Well his last campaign he leveled some hefty allegations at Edwards. I remember thinking he's either got the goods and is untouchable or he's kicking ant hills in flip flops.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    whatever it is must be pretty significant....they don't typically go gangbusters like that. the post Katrina raids on nopd didn't use nearly as many agents.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    whatever it is must be pretty significant....they don't typically go gangbusters like that. the post Katrina raids on nopd didn't use nearly as many agents.

That's what caught my attention while passing. The perimeter FBI guys I eyeballed were not carrying long weapons, but they had on their tactical vests. I would guess they were there seizing evidence in some sort of ongoing federal investigation.
    We just got a new police chief in January.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Anyone want to bet me it is related to the crooked DEA agent and associated task force ****ery over there???

Anyone? Somebody?:confused:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    That's what caught my attention while passing. The perimeter FBI guys I eyeballed were not carrying long weapons, but they had on their tactical vests. I would guess they were there seizing evidence in some sort of ongoing federal investigation.
    We just got a new police chief in January.

You are serving a search warrant on a building filled with guys with guns, some of whom (you would think), were targets of the investigation...... Why would you not wear a vest.

Besides, local cops aren't known for their love of the FBI, and the FBI knows that, so they proceed accordingly. Not to mention NOPD knew the FBI was coming, because that investigation was conducted with cooperation from PIB/City Hall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure there will be a press conference.

I wish we knew someone in the media.

JR1572

Even if it was just a photographer or something, they would still be in the know.....

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You are serving a search warrant on a building filled with guys with guns, some of whom (you would think), were targets of the investigation...... Why would you not wear a vest.

Besides, local cops aren't known for their love of the FBI, and the FBI knows that, so they proceed accordingly. Not to mention NOPD knew the FBI was coming, because that investigation was conducted with cooperation from PIB/City Hall.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't questioning the usage of their vests, but merely commenting on my visual observations while passing on the road.

James Stewart, our new police chief, has experience previously working with the FBI based on what I read in his bio.

"And Stewart would know how to recognize that. He comes from decades of investigative and intelligence work with the FBI, and before that, he was an NOPD homicide detective for more than ten years. The "big fish, small pond" aspect of the job caught his eye when it became available following the firing of longtime Chief Roddy Devall, over the release of information regarding an officer's arrest."

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Even if it was just a photographer or something, they would still be in the know.....

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    Well his last campaign he leveled some hefty allegations at Edwards. I remember thinking he's either got the goods and is untouchable or he's kicking ant hills in flip flops.

Well there is a reason he was disbarred as an attorney…. He stomped on to many toes with those flip flops

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Bayoushooter in a nutshell.

News Channel #: BREAKING NEWS! HAMMOND PD UNDER FBI RAID! (we have no further information)

Bayoushooter Member: Check that out! I should post it!

Bayoushooter Members Post: BREAKING NEWS! HAMMOND PD UNDER FBI RAID! (we have no further information)

*400 pages of speculation, anti-cop talk, pro-cop talk, memes, and Toto trying to be funny*

Top Bottom