Something I noticed on the Walking Dead.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    He wears it in a right hand cross draw style. Cross draw has fallen out of favor in last few years so you won't usually see this style in movies/TV shows.

Truitt45

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Tickfaw
    Alright. I'm no expert but that seems excessive. You seem like you could sweep a lot. I guess what I'm trying to ask is it practical?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Noticed that too. Really thought it was dumb but maybe it works for him. Knife on the right, gun on the left in a right handed holster. It's holly wood who knows

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Alright. I'm no expert but that seems excessive. You seem like you could sweep a lot. I guess what I'm trying to ask is it practical?

For concealed carry/self defense ----> No Way. Crossdraw basically ignores close encounters with cognizant enemies who may want to take your gun or prevent you from shooting them (e.g., strong arm crimes).

Frankly, for slow zombies, you could carry a gun anyway you please. There's no need to worry about all the fine points of gun retention when your foe is the undead.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For concealed carry/self defense ----> No Way. Crossdraw basically ignores close encounters with cognizant enemies who may want to take your gun or prevent you from shooting them (e.g., strong arm crimes).

Frankly, for slow zombies, you could carry a gun anyway you please. There's no need to worry about all the fine points of gun retention when your foe is the undead.

And, the survivors are now so much more cavalier. Hand to zombie combat is on the rise. Won't one bite or scratch do you in?

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    look up "mr. colion noir" on YouTube...he does a review every week of the walking dead episodes...he's pointed out a few of these flaws (ar back sight, cross draw of the governor n Maggie, n how Carl shoots with both index fingers on the trigger) he suggest that they cross draw because knives are the primary weapon since noise attracts more walkers and are therefore on the strong hand...good gun guy YouTube channel...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wild Bill Hickok carried his 1851 Navy Colts butt forward cross draw and he was the greatest pistolero that ever lived. (in my opinion) But he wasn't tactical and never heard of Cooper (Angels sing down from mountains and trumpets sound) about who's teachings may never be questioned.

On the other hand if you're watching The Walking Dead for accurate firearms information, turn the channel. They're consistently terrible.

Dave

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, I only wear a gun like that when I am carrying 3 guns, carried 5 one time testing out holsters and belts. 3 were full size with 5" barrels.

Top Bottom