Something I noticed on the Walking Dead.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truitt45

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Tickfaw
    I did notice the rear sight missing on the AR. I have watched Mr. Noir before, haven't watched him in a while. I like the idea that the knife would be the primary weapon and the pistol is a secondary.

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Another firearms error I've noticed on the show is that their guns don't eject spent casings during alot of scenes

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    or recoil, or need reloading, or deafen you when shot inside a cement structure or need sights, or they can shot one handed while using two fingers on the trigger to hit a head on a moving target and at a downward angle from maybe 75 yards away or any other number of things.

But let me get this straight, I've been a zombie fan since the 1980's. But the part you guys have a hard time believing is the weapons not the existence of zombies. You can suspend belief for that but not the weapons?

Dave

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The problem is that the mistakes are so easy to avoid they provide a stupid obstacle to your suspension of disbelief.

The cross draw never bothered me because of the preferred use of knives.

The rear sights missing annoyed the snot out of me.

The recoil/noise/ammo issue is normal for movies and television today.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    That was the zombie that dragged Lori's body off and consumed her, thus the distended belly and groaning. He also had some of her hair remains on his face.

Which was a nice touch.

----------

Theory: Series does goofy gun **** on purpose. They know guns generate interest. Interest translates to discussions. Discussion promotes the show. They know it will be picked apart. It's becoming part of show's cash-sha-nanynay, pointing out the goofs.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Now the question is, Did Rick stab the zombie because he ate Lori or because he was mad at Lori? :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Accurate portrayals of firearms in Hollywood would fly in the face of their agendas and their ignorance.

I was actually wondering if they were trying to possibly be very realistic and make it look like an issue weapon that lost it's Aimpoint or Trijicon in the chaos........or the props guy is a dumba$$.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    What kind of confused me and hopefully someone could answer...

I understand that everyone is infected (hence Shane coming back after being stabbed but not bitten). So why is it that when someone is bitten they die (and come back)? If they are already infected with the zombie virus why would a simple bite kill them if the virus doesnt already? Maybe I missed something but I've seen every episode. :dunno:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006

I understand that everyone is infected (hence Shane coming back after being stabbed but not bitten). So why is it that when someone is bitten they die (and come back)? If they are already infected with the zombie virus why would a simple bite kill them if the virus doesnt already? Maybe I missed something but I've seen every episode. :dunno:

The bite/scratch from a zombie to a living being and them dying is a result of a very nasty bacterial infection causing severe fever to the point of shutting the body down and dying. Then the Virus kicks in and restarts that small portion of your brain (as seen in Season 1, Episode 6 - when they were at the CDC).

Here you go:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies
    Robert Kirkman wrote:

The rule is: WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die, you turn into a zombie, UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die, you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss, not because of the zombie "virus."

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

I kinda wondered the same thing CrkdLtr makes a good point on it which is close to my own I just think alcohol bath would be a soloution to being bitten. I think they are trying to play on other zombie movies though where it is something familiar to the audience and keeps that good ole zombie nostalgia.

I know we are being over critical of the show but most of the things mentioned would be a easy fix. I didn't notice the rifle missing the rear site till someone mentioned it and I watched that part over to confirm. Hey maybe it fell off when he was bashing that soldiers face in with the butt of the rifle?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    The bite/scratch from a zombie to a living being and them dying is a result of a very nasty bacterial infection causing severe fever to the point of shutting the body down and dying. Then the Virus kicks in and restarts that small portion of your brain (as seen in Season 1, Episode 6 - when they were at the CDC).

Here you go:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

That would make sense then.

quigleysharps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Kansas
    He wears it in a right hand cross draw style. Cross draw has fallen out of favor in last few years so you won't usually see this style in movies/TV shows.

That's how I carry my blackpowder revolvers. I usually strap one on when I'm out back mowing around the pond with the tractor too...doing drive-by's on the turtles it's alot quicker coming out of the holster than any other way. ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That was the zombie that dragged Lori's body off and consumed her, thus the distended belly and groaning. He also had some of her hair remains on his face.

Which was a nice touch.

No, no, no! The explanation for Lori is fallacy. She apparently died during the barbaric c-section. Carl put a bullet in her subsequently (and a few minutes later), for what? If she died, she came back as a zombie and he waxed her. If that was the series of events, why did the zombie Rick found eat her. She was no longer living flesh, but freshly turned zombie.

Shane was killed by Rick, and seconds later became a full blown zombie and lurched toward Rick until Carl put him down too.

These folks need to stick to a storyline. Jeez!

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    or recoil, or need reloading, or deafen you when shot inside a cement structure or need sights, or they can shot one handed while using two fingers on the trigger to hit a head on a moving target and at a downward angle from maybe 75 yards away or any other number of things.

But let me get this straight, I've been a zombie fan since the 1980's. But the part you guys have a hard time believing is the weapons not the existence of zombies. You can suspend belief for that but not the weapons?

Dave

HHAHAHA ! Couple weeks ago my younger brother (36 years old) asks me "If the zombies are always eating, howcome they never have to ****?" to which I replied, "You're talking about dead people walking around and you're asking me why they never have to crap? ! !"

I am a fan of the show by the way, but like others have said it's not a tactical course and we all know how inept and ignorant hollywood is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom