Something odd at Hammond Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I was leaving the Hammond Walmart this afternoon and noticed a guy sitting on a stool being rung up for a pallet of batteries. Then I noticed two other men at the next registers sitting on stools being rung up with a pallet of batteries each, not 12V but the C's, D's, etc. Is it just me or does this activity seem unusual?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I saw this at a Lowes recently. Not entire pallets, but two guys clearing off the rack and filling a cart. I thought the same, that some one has figured out how to convert that stuff to meth.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I was leaving the Hammond Walmart this afternoon and noticed a guy sitting on a stool being rung up for a pallet of batteries. Then I noticed two other men at the next registers sitting on stools being rung up with a pallet of batteries each, not 12V but the C's, D's, etc. Is it just me or does this activity seem unusual?
    Nothing surprises me about things that happen at that Walmart! I won't go there. My In laws live nearby and go there and tell me things that go on there. Don't surprise me at all.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have only seen battery acid and lithium used. I don’t think they are buying those to make meth. Maybe it was those secret squirrel guys y’all always talk about buying them up before a false flag op. The people will then be dependent on the govt because there will be no more batteries. Guess next stop is my house for my free sbr.

giphy.gif

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I didn’t think cartel meth was plentiful I thought that was more so Opiates and fentanyl.
    They have their hands in all of it. If there is a demand, they will meet it. I did see a headline recently stating that the Sinaloa cartel put a bounty on anyone dealing with fentanyl in their territory.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I didn’t think cartel meth was plentiful I thought that was more so Opiates and fentanyl.
    Homemade meth has decreased as the cartels have been running "superlabs," large scale operations with bulk quantity precursors that home cooks can't get and have to improvise. The cartel wealth/power/corruption makes it easy for them to obtain lab-grade chemicals in the appropriate quantities to run that market the same as cocaine and fentanyl. It's not that home cooks don't exist anymore, it's just that it's now easy enough to get on the street in most markets without having to scrape up all the supplies needed and risk blowing up your trailer.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    That might explain the shortage of lithium batteries I experienced recently. The WalMart in Gonzales had no lithium AA batteries. I use them in my Eotech on my patrol rifle because they won't leak and ruin the electronics. I looked on Fleabay, and found 4 AA lithium batteries for $17. OUCH !!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I spoke with a buddy in DEA. He said they have been using batteries of all sorts to cook meth. He said this new meth is what they call a super meth because it’s so potent. Traditional methamphetamine would make you hallucinate from lack of sleep, and staying up several days in a row. With this super meth apparently the hallucinations begin immediately within minutes of ingestion. Scary stuff…

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I spoke with a buddy in DEA. He said they have been using batteries of all sorts to cook meth. He said this new meth is what they call a super meth because it’s so potent. Traditional methamphetamine would make you hallucinate from lack of sleep, and staying up several days in a row. With this super meth apparently the hallucinations begin immediately within minutes of ingestion. Scary stuff…
    My mind is blown that people are essentially intentionally ingesting the chemicals contained within batteries...

Top Bottom