Somewhere an Apple Executive is having a hissy fit :D

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    za6agy4y.jpg
    uqyta4uv.jpg

It could be what it appears to be.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Run apps that Apple has banned from their Appstore due to either doing something better than Apple does it or allowing internal operating system modifications.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Run apps that Apple has banned from their Appstore due to either doing something better than Apple does it or allowing internal operating system modifications.

So what's the benefit of making internal operating system modifications? I'm not trying to be a prick, but what does it improve? I have a 64g 5s and I'm very satisfied.

JR1572

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So what's the benefit of making internal operating system modifications? I'm not trying to be a prick, but what does it improve? I have a 64g 5s and I'm very satisfied.

JR1572

Oh, you can change all the thematic stuff (sounds, looks, etc), change the way Apple handles putting apps to sleep in memory (for more memory), take full control of the phone's hardware features like the GPS, camera, battery, etc. Can install more secure anti-theft systems than Apple's Find My iPhone. You can modify applications themselves with root access, like deleting the advertisement scripts and such.

Some people like to say that jailbreaking is good for pirating apps, but that's not the jailbreak's fault and Cydia offers thousands of legitimate paid apps that couldn't pass Apple's insanely restrictive App Store policies.

Tethered or untehered?

Untethered :D If I had another camera I would video this one rebooting.

But just because it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck doesn't mean it's a duck. Plus, any official, publicly released IOS7 jailbreak is at least a few more months out and won't happen before 7.1 is released.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Oh, you can change all the thematic stuff (sounds, looks, etc), change the way Apple handles putting apps to sleep in memory (for more memory), take full control of the phone's hardware features like the GPS, camera, battery, etc. Can install more secure anti-theft systems than Apple's Find My iPhone. You can modify applications themselves with root access, like deleting the advertisement scripts and such.

Some people like to say that jailbreaking is good for pirating apps, but that's not the jailbreak's fault and Cydia offers thousands of legitimate paid apps that couldn't pass Apple's insanely restrictive App Store policies.

I don't understand any of that. I'll google some things and try to wrap my head around all of that...

JR1572

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It basically gives the restless people a means to customize almost anything they want about the way the phone looks/handles interface wise.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does it fix the battery issue ? I had no idea it would be this bad. 6hrs tops on a full charge, everything off and not using it.

The battery issue can be helped by certain jailbreak addons, however most of the time it involves killing off the background processes (Apple parks programs, not closes them) so the processor is not in use. Also, cut your backlight brightness to 1/2 or less.

Also, NEVER pay anyone for an iPhone jailbreak. Jailbreakers release their works free of charge (but you can donate), so any site offering to jailbreak your phone for a fee is a scam. Also, anyone offering an IOS7 jailbreak for public use right now is a scammer, there are NO public breaks right now. There are a few private jailbreaks but the methods are closely kept secrets so Apple can't patch them. But hey, if my posting gets on Google and spreads, it might convince Apple that 7.1 needs to be released sooner LOL.

PS: Jailbreaking is different from unlocking and there are many legitimate sites that offer paid unlocks. Unlocking frees you from being tethered to a specific carrier, whereas Jailbreaking frees you from the App Store.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom